The NKF Council of Advanced Practitioners supports Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Clinical Nurse Specialists involved in the field of nephrology by providing continuing education, evidence-based practice guidelines, scientific research grants and educational stipends.
NKF is also a recognized leader in shaping health policy affecting kidney health professionals and patients. Our professional members are a driving force behind the scientific and medical activities of the organization
JOIN ONLINE TODAY!
Experience the advantages of NKF professional membership:
- Receive a copy of NKF's respected Primer on Kidney Diseases (5th Edition), a valuable resource examining all aspects of kidney and related diseases (an $85 value!)
- Subscription to the Council's quarterly electronic newsletter.
- Members–Only Discounts – Reduced subscription rates to NKF’s monthly American Journal of Kidney Diseases, recognized as the foremost source of information on the latest developments in clinical nephrology, to Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease, a bi-monthly NKF multidisciplinary clinical review journal, and the Journal of Renal Nutrition, NKF's highly regarded bi-monthly international subspecialty journal.
- Apply for NKF Research Grants, Awards and Stipends. Professional members are eligible for special NKF awards, fellowships, scientific research grants and educational stipends.
- Clinical Practice Materials Receive special mailings from the NKF on subjects such as the KDOQI Clinical Practice Guidelines and kidney-related research, free brochures and fact sheets. Plus reduced pricing on hundreds of patient, professional and public education materials in the NKF Store.
- Access to the Nephrology Essentials progam, an online educational tool developed for Advanced Practitioners who are new to nephrology. The goal of this program is to provide a foundation for care and management of adult Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patients.
- Network with colleagues, obtain CME/CEU's, and get updated on the latest advances in the field of kidney disease at the NKF Spring Clinical Meetings, which includes a comprehensive educational program track designed for Advanced Practitioners. Members save $100 on registration.
- Participate in NKF's Take Action Network and help change the face of legislation and policies relating to chronic kidney disease. Be the first to hear about changes in legislation, and receive alerts when help is needed to advocate for various issues.
- Volunteer for a variety of NKF professional committees and make a difference in your field.
- Participate in the CAP members-only listserv, an interactive e-mail discussion group has become a key resource of information and assistance for Advanced Practitioners in Nephrology across the country. Share ideas, seek support, and discuss best practices.
- Take advantage of reduced rates on job postings on NKF's online Kidney Career Center.
- Access the member directory to connect with other NKF members.
All of these benefits are available to NKF members at a cost less than the 5th Edition of NKF's Primer on Kidney Disease alone!
U.S. and Canada
$115 (save $15!)
$135 (save $15!)
*2-year membership is currently only available by calling NKF at 888.JOIN.NKF or completing the print application in the membership brochure. Available soon online!
Your membership, including all benefits, will begin in the month that your application is received and processed at NKF Headquarters. You will receive a membership card with your ID#, which gives you access to the members-only section of our Website and savings in the NKF Store.
If you have any questions regarding membership, please contact the NKF at email@example.com or 888.JOIN.NKF.