- High blood pressure
- Protein and/or blood in the urine
- Creatinine and BUN blood tests outside the normal range*
- Glomerular filtration rate (GFR) of less than 90**
- More frequent urination, particularly at night; difficult or painful urination
- Puffiness around eyes, swelling of hands and feet
* BUN and creatinine are wastes that build up in the blood when your kidney function is reduced.
** GFR (a measure of kidney function) is estimated from a blood creatinine test. In some people, a GFR of 60 to 89 may be normal.
If you would like more information, please contact us.
© 2014 National Kidney Foundation. All rights reserved. This material does not constitute medical advice. It is intended for informational purposes only. Please consult a physician for specific treatment recommendations.