The National Kidney Foundation is a proud member of the Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER) Coalition.
The KCER Coalition strives to provide disaster preparedness resources to save lives, improve outcomes, empower patients and families, educate healthcare workers, build partnerships with stakeholders, promote readiness in the community, and support the ESRD Network Program.
For more information and Emergency and Disaster Planning resources visit the KCER website at: www.kcercoalition.com
The toll-free KCER Emergency Hotline for patients and providers is 866-901-3773.
Find a Dialysis Facility or Transplant Center
To find out if your dialysis center is opened or closed:
- Large Dialysis Organizations' toll free emergency numbers
Davita — 1-800-400-8331
FMCNA (Fresenius) — 1-800-626-1297
Dialysis Clinic Inc. (DCI) — 866-424-1990
- Independent and Other Dialysis Centers
- End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Network Coordinating Center
Get Ready For An Emergency
- National Kidney Foundation Planning for Emergencies: A Guide for People with Chronic Kidney Disease (PDF* download)
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis (available in English and Spanish) (PDF* download)
Publication #CMS 10150
- Patient Identification Cards
To make sure you have important information on-hand in case of an emergency, click here to download and fill out your ID card. Carry it with you at all times in your wallet or purse.
- Nutrition Planning for a Disaster When You Have CKD
See Paula Frost’s slides to learn some important points to help you with emergency meal planning.