How your Money Helps
Your donation dollar is well-spent with the National Kidney Foundation. More than 81 cents of every dollar goes directly to vital programs and services, including:
- Early Detection – free kidney health screenings
- Public Education Initiatives–awareness through public service campaigns, and community and online education
- Advocacy – promotion of legislation impacting kidney patients, donors and transplant recipients
- Organ Donation – action plan to End the Wait! for kidney transplants in the U.S.
- Patient Services – support and information through a toll-free hotline, NKF Cares (1-855-653-2273) and a peer mentoring program
- Professional Education – clinical guidelines that are changing the way physicians practice, continuing education opportunities and peer–reviewed journals to ensure that health care professionals never stop learning the latest in kidney disease treatment.
- Research Support – $90 million to 1,000 scientists since 1968, assessment of how kidney disease is identified in diabetes patients and analysis of the world's largest database about kidney patient care
To learn more, visit us at www.kidney.org