Form a Team
Team Scramble: A Format for Excitement
Each local National Kidney Foundation Cadillac Golf Classic is conducted using a four-person team scramble format, following USGA Handicap Index Requirements. Each team member tees off, and the best drive is selected. All four players then play from that spot. This process continues until the hole is completed. Each team must use at least three drives from each player during the course of the round. The team with the lowest gross score wins.
The team scramble format provides everyone â€”men and women, new golfers and experienced low-handicappers with a competitive, yet social day of golf, as well as an opportunity to win valuable prizes and possibly an invitation to Pebble Beach.
How to Form a Team
Any amateur golfer, male or female, is eligible to compete in the National Kidney Foundation Cadillac Golf Classic.
- Every team competing in the NKF Cadillac Golf Classic must consist of four amateur golfers whose total USGA Handicap Index is 42.0 or more.
- Only one golfer on each team may have a USGA Handicap Index of 8.0 or less.
- Golfer's handicaps are effective as of the latter of:
- (i) the day of registration for the tournament or
- (ii) the date 60 days prior to the event.
- If they do not have a USGA Handicap Index, one team member may provide three score cards attested to by a PGA/LPGA Professional from which a "National Kidney Foundation Cadillac Golf Classic Handicap" will be calculated in accordance with USGA Rules.
- Each golfer who has a USGA Handicap Index will be required to present a current copy of his or her handicap card to the tournament committee at the time of registration.
- All golfers will be required to present a photo ID on the day of the event.
- Any team that contains a member who does not comply with each of these requirements will not be eligible to win prizes or qualify to be invited to the National Finals.
- The National Kidney Foundation has the right to deny the entry of any players or teams.