SCM09 Abstracts of Poster Presentations
Abstract Topic List
- Isopropyl Alcohol Ingestion Presenting as Pseudo-Renal Failure Due to Acetone Interference
Mahathi Adla, Julio Gonzalez-Paoli, Stephen Rifkin; University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Ultrasonic Inaccuracies in Diagnosis of Acute Obstructive Renal Failure Secondary to Retroperitoneal Mass
Nasrin Ashouian, Jame E. Hartle, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
- Mortality Predictions with APACHE IV, MODS and SAPS II Scores in Adult ICU Patients Requiring Emergent Hemodialysis
Vijaya Surekha Bhamidipati, Sheldon Greenberg, Winston Lee. Nephrology, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, U.S.A
- Hypothyroidism Induced Rhabdomyolysis and Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
Sumit Chowdhery, Elie Fein, Kalyana Janga, Subrahmanyam Nasika, Sheldon Greenberg, Kavita Sharma, Suneeta Gadde, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY.
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange for Valproic Acid Poisoning – An Innovative Approach
Sajid Melvin George, Lloyd Forbes, Alexander Levitov, Jon Sweet. Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, VA.
- Use of Continuous Venovenous Hemodialysis (CVVHD) to Reverse Persistent Anion Gap
and Non-Anion Gap Metabolic Acidosis From Pine-Sol® Poisoning
Sajid Melvin George, Ed Humerickhouse, Christian Butcher, Jon Sweet. Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, VA
- Renal Involvement with Normal Kidney Size in a Patient with Mantle Cell Lymphoma
Hooman Hajian, Pritkia Shrivastava, W Brian Reeves Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis Causing Acute Kidney Injury: Current Therapeutic Approaches
Deepak Jasuja, Deaconess Health System, Evansville, IN, USA
- Bisphosphonates and Acute Kidney Injury in Cancer Patients: A Cohort Study
Sabine Karam, Matthew Abramowitz, Michal L. Melamed, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA.
- Prilosec Prevents Heart Burn at the Expense of Kidney Burn
Jagan Kothapally, Anas Al-Sadi, Jeffrey Clement, Iulia Grillo.
Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island/Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Pawtucket, RI, USA
- Long Term Renal Function in Acure Renal Failure Treated With Continuous Veno-Venous Hemofiltration
Raghuveer Kura. William B. Reeves
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine. Penn State Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.Hershey, PA.
- Refractory Drug Rash and Acute Kidney Injury: Levofloxacin-Induced Acute Interstitial Nephritis
Kelly Liang, Joseph Grande, Mary Fidler, Vesna Garovic
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
- Acute Renal Failure Among Poisoning Cases
Ramachandran Meenakshisundaram, R. Sakthirajan, C.Rajendiran,
Thirumalaikolundusubramanian Ponniah. Institute of Internal Medicine, Government General Hospital,
and Madras Medical College. Chennai-60000, India.
- Oxalate Nephropathy with AIN Due to Vitamin C Intake
Chike Nzerue , Olu Adelekun, Joel Rodriguez, Mohammed Sidani, Candace Chipman,
Department of Medicine & Family Practice, Meharry Medical College, Nashville,TN.
- A Case of HIV Associated Nephropathy in Primary HIV: A Rare Presentation of HIVAN
Jeremy O’Neal, Ruth Campbell, Zipporah Krishnasami, Division of Nephrology, University of
Alabama Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama.
- First Case of Vancomycin Resistent Bacteremia (VRE) With Acute Interstitial Nephritis (AIN)
Kavita Sharma , Monica Ghitan, Edward Chapnick, Kalyana Janga, Sheldon Greenberg, Shree Sharma,
Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY.
- Renal Failure Due to Ricinine in a Transgender Male after Buttock Augmentation with Castor Oil
Dharmeshkumar Sutariya, George Coritsidis, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Elmhurst Hospital
Center, Elmhurst, NY, USA.
- Salicylate Toxicity and Early Hemodialysis
Beje Thomas, Maria Regina Valcarcel, Fabio Aglieco, Purva Kumar, Michael Dunn, University of Connecticut Health Center,
Farmington, CT, USA
- Serum Protein Electrophoresis (SPEP) Plus Serum Free Light Chain (sFLC) Testing: A Sensitive Panel for Diagnosis of Monoclonal Gammopathy (MG)
Karen Van Hoeven¹, Justin Wells,² Jude Abadie³. ¹The Binding Site Inc, San Diego, CA; ²Walter Reed Army Medical Center,
Washington, DC, USA.
- Filter Lifespan in Anticoagulation-Free Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
Sam Wu, Arasu Gopinath, Jeffrey Berns, Sidney Kobrin
Renal, Electrolyte and Hypertension Division, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania,
Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Hemoglobin (HD) Variability in Subjects with Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) not on Dialysis (NOD): An Analysis of Darbepoetin Alfa Clinical Trial Data
Anil Agarwal,¹ R. Kewalramani,² J. Droge,² F. Huang,² W. McClellan³
¹The Ohio State University Medical Ctr, Columbus, OH, USA; ²Amgen Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA, USA; ³Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
- Internal Medicine Residents' Knowledge of Chronic Kidney Disease Complications and Management. A National Survey
Varun Agrawal, Mohit Agarwal, Michael A. Barnes, Amit K. Ghosh,, Peter A. McCullough, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak MI.
- The Association Between GFR and Brain Volume in Elderly
Ammar Almehmi, James Wetmore, Amith Harsha, Jeffrey Burns
The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
- Immunoglobulin Free Light Chains in Situ in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease
Kolitha Basnayake,¹ Tarek Ghonemy,¹ Colin Hutchison,¹ Arthur Bradwell² and Paul Cockwell¹. ¹ Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre, Birmingham, ²University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- Increases in Hemoglobin and the Effect of ESA Use in CKD Patients Treated With IV Ferumoxytol
W. Kline Bolton¹ , Steven Fishbane², Joe Li³, Lynn Milich³, Robert Brenner³
¹ Univ. of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA; ²Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, NY; ²Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis, MN; ³AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Lexington, MA
- Blood Coagulation Across the Spectrum of Chronic Kidney Disease
Donald Brophy, Erika Martin, Nathan White, Todd Gehr. Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va, USA.
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) in Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD): The Renal Research Institute (RRI) CKD Study
Preeti Chandra¹ , Robin L. Sands¹ , Brenda W. Gillespie¹ , Nathan W. Levin², Peter Kotanko², Margaret Kiser³, Fred Finkelstein4, Alan Hinderliter³, Sanjay Rajagopalan5, Rajiv Saran¹ . ¹ Univ. of Michigan, Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center, Ann Arbor, MI; ²Renal Research Institute, New York, NY; ³Dept of Medicine, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; 4Metabolism Associates, New Haven, CT; 5Dept. of Cardiology and Radiology, Ohio State Univ., Columbus, OH.
- Interdisciplinary Care at CKD Centers Assists with BP Control, Anemia Management, and Diabetes Control and Slows the Progression of CKD
Michele Cici, Terri Pierson, Jeffery Lautman, Ann Jacobson, Veronica Sumodi, Karen Fagnilli, Kelly Dion, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Prevalence of CKD is High in Persons With Undiagnosed and Pre-Hypertension in
Deidra C. Crews, Laura C. Plantinga, Edgar R. Miller, III, Rajiv Saran, Elizabeth Hedgeman, Sharon Saydah, Paul Eggers and Neil R. Powe, for the CDC CKD Surveillance Team Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan; and National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Maryland, United States
- Burden of Chronic Kidney Disease in Ambulatory HIV Patients
Michael Eadon¹ , Adam Frome¹ ,² and Venkat Ramanathan¹ ,²
¹ Department of Internal Medicine, ²Section of Nephrology, Harris County Hospital District, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Lanthanum Carbonate (LC) Treatment Does Not Affect ²5-HYDROXYVITAMIN D (25- OH D) AND 1 ,25-DIHYDROXYVITAMIN D (1 ,25-(OH)2 D) Levels in Patients With CKD STAGES 3 AND 4: A Randomized Trial
William Finn¹ , Stuart Sprague², Hanna Abboud³ and Ping Qiu, on behalf of the SDP405-206 study investigators4. ¹ Division of Nephrology & Hypertension, University of North Carolina Kidney Center, Chapel Hill, NC, USA; ²Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA; ³University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Medicine/Nephrology, San Antonio, TX, USA and 4Shire Pharmaceuticals, Wayne, PA, USA.
- The Relationship between Hemoglobin Levels, ESA Use, and Adverse Events in CKD Patients Treated With IV Ferumoxytol
Steven Fishbane¹ , W. Kline Bolton², David Gilbertson³, Paul Miller4, Robert Brenner4 ¹ Winthrop-University Hospital, Mineola, NY; ²Univ. of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA; ³Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis, MN, 4AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Lexington, MA
- Medical Therapy vs. Medical Therapy and Revascularization (stenting) in Atherosclerotic Renal Artery Stenosis: A Retrospective Study
Saria Gouher, A.Namassivaya, Usha Thamattoor, Albert Vexler, Buffalo,NY.
- Cross-Sectional Association of Serum Cystatin C and Peripheral Arterial Disease
Susan M. Hailpern, Meda E. Pavkov, Ann. M. O’Hare, Desmond E. Williams. Division of Diabetes Translation, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA. USA.
- Shared Medical Appointments for People with Chronic Kidney Disease: An Innovative Model of Care
Debra J. Hain¹ , Rute C Paixao², Arun Amatya², and Mauro Braun².
¹ CEL College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Fl
²Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Cleveland Clinic Florida; Weston Fl, United States
- Outcomes Associated With Serum Potassium Level in Patients with Non-Dialysis Dependent CKD
John Hayes¹ ,², Jason Payne¹ ,², John Anderson³, Sharon Turban³, Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh4 and Csaba P Kovesdy¹ ,5 ¹ VA Medical Center, Salem, VA ²Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, VA ³Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 4Harbor UCLA, Torrance, CA and 5University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Prevalence of CKD in Uninsured Adults in the United States: Results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
Elizabeth Hedgeman¹ , Brenda Gillespie¹ , Jerry Yee², Laura Plantinga³, Neil Powe³, Desmond Williams4, Nilka Rios Burrows4 and Rajiv Saran¹ , for the CDC-CKD Surveillance Team ¹ University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA; ²Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI, USA; ³Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA; 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
- The Cost-Effectiveness of Screening for Microalbuminuria: A Simulation Model for Chronic Kidney Disease
Thomas Hoerger¹ , John Wittenborn¹ , Joel Segel¹ , Nilka Rios Burrows², Paul Eggers³, Meda Pavkov², Regina Jordan², Anton C. Schoolwerth, Desmond Williams² for the CDC CKD Initiative. ¹ RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA ² Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA ³ NIDDK, Bethesda, MD
- Kidney Disease Screening and Awareness Program: Addressing an Underserved Need
Li-Li Hsiao²,³ Jingshing Wu¹ , Eric Shieh¹ , Sion Lee¹ , Ang Li¹ , Albert Yeh², Sam Yang, Jennie Kuo³, Tzong-Shi Lu³, Andrea Savisky4, ¹ Harvard College, ²Harvard Medical School, ³Brigham and Women’s Hospital, 4National Kidney Foundation
- Drug Utilization and Costs for Erythropoietis Stimulating Agents in Adult Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease in Managed Care
Marie-Hélène Lafeuille¹ , Robert A. Bailey², R. Scott McKenzie², Francis Vekeman¹ , Catherine Tak Piech², Patrick Lefebvre¹
¹ Groupe d’analyse, Ltée, Montréal, Québec, Canada; ²Centocor Ortho Biotech Services, LLC, Bridgewater, NJ, USA
- Epoetin Alfa Utilization from2000 through 2007 for Chronic Kidney Disease Patients not on Dialysis
Marie-Hélène Lafeuille¹ , Robert A. Bailey², R. Scott McKenzie², Francis Vekeman¹ , Catherine Tak Piech², Patrick Lefebvre¹
¹ Groupe d’analyse, Ltée, Montréal, Québec, Canada; ²Centocor Ortho Biotech Services, LLC, Bridgewater, NJ, USA
- Predictors of Self Referred Repeat CKD Screening in the Kidney Early Evaluation Program (KEEP)
Suying Li¹ , Shu-Cheng Chen¹ , Joseph Vassalotti², Keith Norris², Peter A. McCullough², George Bakris², and Allan Collins¹ . ¹ Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis, MN. ²KEEP Steering Committee, National Kidney Foundation, New York, United States.
- Bardoxolone, a Novel Oral Anti-Inflammatory Agent Shown to Improve Renal Function
Colin Meyer, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Irving, TX, USA.
- Weight Loss Interventions in Kidney Disease: A Systematic Review
Sankar Navaneethan, Hans Yehnert, Fady Moustarah, Srinivasan Beddhu. Nephrology and Bariatric and Metabolic Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Indian Health Service, Arizona, Nephrology, University of Utah.
- Exercise Type and Mortality Risk in Moderate Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD): NHANES III
Neilson, J, Baird, B, Zitterkoph, J, Greene, T, and Beddhu, S
- Early Recognition of Chronic Kidney Disease: Are Outpatient Doctors Missing the Boat?
Shrinesh V. Patel, Andrea L. Cherrington, Janice Witherspoon, Sandral Hullett, Jeroan Allison. Birmingham, AL, USA.
- Intravascular Blood Volume Analysis and Normalized Hematocrit May Improve Volume and Anemia Optimization in CKD
Luana Pillon, *¹ , Robert Rigolosi, ², Alexander Vitievsky, ² and Jeffrey Koslowski, ². ¹ New York University School of Medicine, New York and ²Columbia University
- Prevalence of Chronic Kidney Disease is High in Persons with Undiagnosed or Pre- Diabetes in the United States
Laura Plantinga, Deidra Crews, Josef Coresh, Rajiv Saran, Elizabeth Hedgeman, Meda Pavkov, Mark Eberhardt and Neil Powe, for the CDC CKD Surveillance Team
- Hemoglobin (Hb) Levels Among Non-Dialysis Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Patients Treated With Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agents (ESAs)
D Regidor¹ , W McClellan², A Sharma³, R Kewalramani¹ , B Bradbury¹
¹ Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA; ²Emory University, Atlanta, GA; ³Boise Kidney & Hypertension Institute, Meridian, ID
- Chronic Kidney Disease and Depression: Results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
Ana C. Ricardo¹ , Michael J. Fischer¹ ,²,³ and James P. Lash¹
¹ Department of Medicine, Section of Nephrology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL; ²Jesse Brown VAMC/University of Illinois Medical Center , Chicago , IL; ³Center for the Management of Complex Chronic Care, Hines VA Hospital, Hines , IL.
- Internet-Based SF-¹ ²V² is a Reliable and Valid Measure of Health-Related Quality of Life for Kidney Disease Patients
Renee N. Saris-Baglama¹ , Diane M. Turner-Bowker¹ , Michael A. DeRosa¹ , Michelle M. Richardson², Monica Gannon³, Gigi Politoski³, Lesley A. Stevens², Dana C. Miskulin², Kimberly A. Clayton², Wendy W. Brown³, Klemens B. Meyer², John E. Ware¹
¹ QualityMetric Incorporated, Lincoln, RI, USA; ²Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA; ³National Kidney Foundation, New York, NY, USA
- An Assessment of Cholesterol Goal Attainment in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease
Sheila Stadler, Kari Olson, Bharati Bhardwaja, Diane Lanese; Kaiser Permanente, Denver, CO, USA
- Screening for CKD in Chronic Dialysis Units
Richard Swartz², June Swartz¹ , Erica Perry¹ , Sally Joy¹ ; NKF of Mich¹ and Univ of Michigan, Div of Nephrology², Ann Arbor, MI.
- Kidney Early Evaluation Program (KEEP) in Japan
Susumu Takahashi, Kazuyoshi Okada, Mitsuru Yanai
International Kidney Evaluation Association Japan, Tokyo, Japan
- High Prevalence of Microalbuminuria among Obese Patients Shows Improvement Following Bariatric Surgery
Jennifer Tan, Sumit Mohan, Saritha Gorantla, Leaque Ahmed, Velvie Pogue, Constance Park. Depts of Medicine and Surgery, Harlem Hospital Center, Columbia University, NY, NY.
- First Year Dialysis Mortality in Patients Previously Enrolled in a Structured Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Program
Joel M. Topf¹ , Robert Provenzano³, Steve Wilson², Ajay Chokshi² and Amy Bogan²
¹ St. John Hospital & Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan,² DaVita Inc., El Segundo, CA, ³Office of the Chief Medical Officer, DaVita Inc., El Segundo, CA
- Anthropometric Measures Associated With Visceral Adiposity in Non-Dialysis Dependent CKD
Vitalie Ureche¹ Donna Lawson² Ali Iranmanesh¹ Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh³ and Csaba P Kovesdy¹ ¹ Salem, VA, ²Blacksburg, VA, and ³Torrance, CA, USA
- The Kidney Early Evaluation Program (KEEP): A Community Based Screening Approach
to Address Disparities in CKD
Joseph A. Vassalotti,¹ Suying Li,² Peter A. McCullough,³ George L. Bakris4 and the Kidney Early Evaluation Program Investigators. ¹ National Kidney Foundation and Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY; ²Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis, MN; ³William Beaumont Hospital, Detroit, MI; and 4University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Comparison of Epoetin ALFA and Darbepoetin ALFA Dosing Patterns and Costs in a Chronic Kidney Disease Population Treated in the Hospital Outpatient Setting
Francis Vekeman¹ , R. Scott McKenzie², Marie-Hélène Lafeuille¹ , Robert A. Bailey², Catherine Tak Piech², Patrick Lefebvre¹
¹ Groupe d’analyse, Ltée, Montréal, Québec, Canada; ²Centocor Ortho Biotech Services, LLC, Bridgewater, NJ, USA
- Diabetes Mellitus and CKD Awareness: The Kidney Early Evaluation Program and National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
Adam Whaley-Connell¹ James R. Sowers¹ Peter A. McCullough ² Tricia Roberts4 Samy I. McFarlane³ Shu-Cheng Chen 4 Suying Li,4 Changchun Wang4 Allan J. Collins4 George L. Bakris5 and the Kidney Early Evaluation Program Investigators ¹ University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri; ²William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan; ³SUNY Downstate, Brooklyn, New York; 4Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota; 5University of Chicago School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- CKD and Incidence of Arrhythmias in Patients with Internal Cardiac Defibrillators
Marc Zelkowitz, Sri Bonam, Nandita Singh, Salman Waheed, Ashok Talreja, Flavio Rivera, Ofer Sagiv, Jay Gross, Hillel Cohen and Anjali Acharya, Jacobi Medical Center/Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
- High Dietary Fiber Intake is Associated with Decreased Inflammation in Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) and Non-CKD Populations: NHANES III
Jennifer Zitterkoph, Bradley Baird, Jill Neilson, Tom Greene, Srinivasan Beddhu, Medicine, Univ of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Developing a Simple Educational Tool to Improve Resident and Patient Compliance with the Screening and Management of Diabetic Nephropathy
Amit Barve, UPMC Mercy, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Synaptopodin Expression Analysis In Diabetic Nephropathy
*Mythili Ghanta, *Shuchita Sharma, *Sri Ranga Bonam, **Hillel Cohen, ***Tulio Matos,* Belinda Jim *Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, NY,**Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY,***Columbia Medical Center, New York, NY
- Plasma α-Dicarbonyls Predict Progression of Chronic Kidney Disease in Diabetics
Gina Iacovella-Alderson, Nathan L. Alderson, Hiroko Hama, David W. Ploth
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Bardoxolone, a Novel Oral Antioxidant-Inflammation Modulator Improves Renal Function in Patients with Diabetes and CKD
Pablo E. Pergola, Renal Associates PA, San Antonio, TX, USA; Sherwyn Schwartz and Douglas Denham, DGD Research, San Antonio, TX, USA; Craig A. Hurwitz and Colin J. Meyer, Reata Pharmaceuticals, Irving, TX, USA.
- NMR Identifies Atherogenic Lipoprotein Abnormalities in Early Diabetic Nephropathy That Are Unrecognized By Conventional Analysis
Peter Ramirez1, Hania Al-Shahrouri1, Paolo Fanti1, Hanna Abboud1, Carlos Lorenzo2, Steven Haffner2. Nephrology1 and Epidemiology2, University of Texas Health Science Center and South Texas Veterans Health Care System, San Antonio, TX, USA.
- Comprehensive Co-Management of Older Adults with Diabetes and Stage 3 or 4 Kidney Disease: Impact of Diabetes Specialty Care
Ali A. Rizvi, Niall McLaughlin, Michelle B. Sanders, Matthew Hix, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC
- Diabetic Type 2 Nephropathy (DN), Proteinuria (P) & Hypertension (HTN) Management: IM Residents (R) VS Faculty (F) In Academic Clinics
Allan Schwartz, Syed Ashraf, Veeraish Chauhan, Arif Jan, Drexel UCoM, Phila, PA, USA.
- Does Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Impact the Progression of Diabetic Nephropathy?
Mark Cook and Udayan Bhatt, Ohio State University Hospitals, Columbus, Ohio, USA.
- Hypotonic Fluid Therapy Induced Hyponatremia in Hospitalized Children with Gastroenterits and Dehydration
mina hanna, mohammad s. saberi. Department of Pediatrics, Saint John Hospital and Medical Center, Detroit, MI.
- Syndrome of Inappropriate Secretion of Antidiuretic Hormone (SIADH) Secondary to Olanzapine Use
Deerajnath Lingutla, Mahesh Krishnamurthy, Niraj Upadhayay, Marcin Karcz, Wajid Choudhry, Jay Rajda Unity Health System, Rochester, New York, USA
- Syndrome Of Inappropriate Anti-Diuretic Hormone (SIADH) and Pre-Eclampsia–A Rare Association
Senthil Ramaiyah, Ira Meisels, Gagan Sandhu, G Chan. St.Lukes-Roosevelt hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians, New York, NY.
- Analysis of Potassium Profiles Among Hemodialysis (HD) Patients
John Robertson1, Debbie Benner1, Ronald Levine1
1DaVita, Inc., El Segundo, CA, USA
- Hyponatremia and the Risk of Large Bone Fracture in Elderly Patients
Harminder S. Sandhu, Emmanuelle Gilles, Maria V. DeVita, Michael F. Michelis Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, New York, USA.
- Metabolic Acidosis, Hyperosmolaity, and Acute Kidney Injury Associated With Propylene Glycol Toxicity Secondary to Lorazepam Infusion
Shahzad Shafique, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas.
- Best Not Shaken - Pneumatic Tube Transport, CLL, & Hyperkalemia
Rebecca M. Smalley, Shelly Cook, Micah R. Chan, University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics, Madison, WI, USA.
- A Rare Case of Co-Existing Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) and Microscopic Polyarteritis (MPA) Presenting As Pulmonary Renal Syndrome (PRS)
Waqas Ahmed, Bishal Rawal, Timothy Braverman, Naseer Khan, Muhammad A Khan ,Jewish Hospital Cincinnati,OH
- Tubuloreticular Inclusion Bodies (TRIs) in a Case of Primary Focal Segemental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)
Gwendolyn Akers, Kiran Padigala, Ion Dan Bucaloiu, Guillermo Carnero, Evan Norfolk. Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, USA.
- Spontaneous Regression of Renal Failure in a Patient With Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome: A Cautionary Tale
Manju Alex MD,Ivonne Schulman MD,Victoriano Pardo MD- University of Miami Miller School of medicine.
- MRI Quantification of Single Glomerular Function
kevin bennett, arius elvikis, jon plasencia, scott beeman, david frakes
arizona state university, tempe, AZ, USA
- Mycophenolate Mofetil Abrogates Nephrotic Range Proteinuria in Idiopathic Membranous Nephropathy
Amar Damodar, Jyotsna Bhatnagar, Sameerah Siddiqui, Rocco Venuto, Mandip Panesar. SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY USA.
- An Unusual Presentation of Primary Antiphospholipid Syndrome With Membranous Glomerulonephritis, Chorea and Endocarditis
Kumar P Dinesh, Ying K Hui, Barry M Schimmer, K Adu Ntoso. Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia.PA
- Hydralazine Induced ANCA Positive Pauci-Immune Glomerulonephritis. A Case Report
Mirela Dobre1, Jay Wish2, Lavinia Negrea2, 1Huron Hospital, a Cleveland Clinic hospital, 2University Hospitals, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Idiopathic Light Chain Deposition Disease (LCDD) With Light Chain Cast Nephropathy (LCCN) Treated With Bortezomib. A Case Report and Review of Treatment/Prognostic Factors
Manish Gera1, R. Jeevan1, S. Dhar1, M Shaheen2 C.L. Phillips3. Internal Medicine Nephrology Inc.
Terre Haute, IN1. Providence Med. Ctr. Terre Haute, IN2 I. U. Pathology, Indianapolis, IN3
- Are There Other Options to the Treatment of Idiopathic Membranous Nephropathy? An Introduction to Our Experience
Carlo Giammarresi, Calogera Tortorici, Angelo Ferrantelli, Luisa Bono, Roberto Pulizzi, Ugo Rotolo, Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Ospedale Civico, Palermo, Italy.
- Membranous Glomerulonephritis Secondary to Syphilis
Nabeel Imam, Amir Izhar, Yury Gonzales, George Mutema
Department of Internal Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati OH, USA
- Immunotactoid Glomerulopathy in an HIV-Positive and Hepatitis B and C Negative African-American Woman: A Case Report and Review of Literature
K. Jhaveri1, C. Chen3, C. Hartono1 , S. V. Seshan2 Division of Nephrology and Hypertension1 and the Department of Pathology2, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York, USA. The George Washington University School of Medicine3, Washington, DC, USA.
- A Case Report of Glomerulonephritis with Lupus and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
Tewabe Kebede, Kisra Anis, Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
- Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Autoantibody Specific for Proteinase 3 in A Patient With Shunt Nephritis Induced By Staphylococcus Epidermidis
Biresh Kumar. N. Munshi. Department of Nephrology, Scott & White Hospital, Texas A&M Health Science Center, Temple, TX, USA.
- Is Spot Urinary Protein/Creatinine Ratio A Reliable Estimator Of 24-Hour Proteinuria in Patients With Multiple Myeloma and Amyloidosis?
Raghuveer Kura, Giampaolo Talamo,* Nivedita Nagam, Nasrollah Ghahramani. Division of Nephrology and Division of Hematology Oncology*, Department of Internal Medicine.Penn State University, Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Rare Association of IgA Nephropathy and Lymphedema Distichiasis Syndrome: First Case Report
Ankur Lodha, Mehandi Haran, Kalyana Janga, Sheldon Greenberg, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Unusual Proliferative Glomerulonephritis (GN) in a Patient with Cystic Fibrosis
Ashutosh Mahajan, Nidhi Munshi, Scott and White Hospital, Temple TX
- A Late Onset Diffuse Alveolar Hemorrhage in End Stage Renal Disease Patient
Krunal Patel, Dharmeshkumar Sutariya, Aaron Stern
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Elmhurst Hospital Center, Elmhurst, NY, USA
- De Novo FSGS in A Recent Deceased Donor Kidney Transplant Recipient with Evidence of Permeability Factor
Saleh, Mohammad; Haque, Ammar; Alberti, Barbara; Hussain, Syed. Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI. Clement-J Zablocki VAMC, Milwaukee, WI.
- Wegener’s Disease: Beyond Lungs and Kidneys
Mukesh Sharma, Muralidhar Kondapaneni, Balaji Datti, Joan Blondin
LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA.
- Collapsing Glomerulopathy Associated With Steven-Johnson Syndrome
Karina Sulaiman, Bharat Sachdeva, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
- Infectious Endocarditis with Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Autoantibodies and Pauci Immune Crescentic Glomerulonephritis, A Case Report
Kris Vanderkooy, Lakshmi Raman, Syed Hussain. Milwaukee, WI.
- Safe and Effective Administration of Epoetin Alfa in Anemia Of Sickle Cell Disease and Kidney Failure
Fabio Aglieco, Beje Thomas, Wilner Samson, Andre Kaplan University of Connecticut, Farmington, Connecticut
- Utilization of Erythropoietin and Intravenous Iron in Hospitalized ESRD Patients
Bhargavi Degapudi, Irfan Ahmed*, Brain Cronin*, Ziauddin Ahmed Drexel university college of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, *Abington memorial hospital.
- Achieving the Hemoglobin Target: A Novel Approach
A K Gupta, Anatole Besarab, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
- The Efect of Erythropoiesis Stimulating Agents on Measures of Physical Functioning and Exercise Tolerance in Chronic Renal Failure Patients on Dialysis: A Systematic Review
1Kirsten Johansen, 2Fred Finkelstein, 3Dennis Revicki, 4Matthew Gitlin, 5Chris Evans, 4Tracy J Mayne. 1University of California, San Francisco, CA, 2Yale University, New Haven, CT, 3UBC, Bethesda, MD, 4Amgen, Thousand Oaks, Ca, 5Mapi Values, Boston, MA.
- A Reanalysis of Anemia Symptoms in the Canadian Erythropoietin Study Group (CESG) Trial
Muirhead N1, Keown P2, Churchill, DN3, Lei L3, Poulin-Costello M3, Gitlin M3, Mayne TJ3. 1UWO, Canada, 2UBC, Canada 3Amgen.
- Once Monthly Hematide Maintains Hb in HD Pts with Different Baseline Iron and CRP Status
P.Pergola, R.Geronemus, S.Zeig, F.Whittier R.Zabaneh, K.Nenov, P.Paunova, B.Schiller, S.Wright, M Kaplan, AM.Duliege, R. Leong, A.Besarab
- A Single Center, Retrospective Study to Evaluate Erythropoietic Stimulating Protein Use and Clinical Outcomes Among Hospitalized Patients
Paul J Scheel, Jr., Nancy Feeley, Hafiz Rahman, Division of Nephrology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Baltimore, Maryland
- Individual Hb Variability is More Difficult to Manage Than Population Hemoglobin (Hb) Mean
1David M. Spiegel; 2Matthew Gitlin; 2Tracy Mayne. 1Division of Renal Diseases & HTN, Univ of Colorado Denver HSC, 2Amgen Inc.
- Day-To Day, Week-To-Week, and Day-Of-Week Variation in Tests of Anemia and Iron Status in Hemodialysis Patients
David B. Van Wyck1, Harry Alcorn1, Resmi Gupta2 1DaVita, Inc., El Segundo, CA;2 Vital Systems, Inc., Schaumburg, IL, USA
- Benefit of Using Visual Teaching Tools for Phosphorus Control in Hemodialysis Unit
Carol Allen, DaVita Inc., Selma, CA, USA
- Experience With Control of Severe Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
Barbara A Clark, Stacey Nye, Richard Marcus.
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Allegheny General Hospital, Drexel University School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pa.
- A Randomized, Parallel, Open-Label Study to Compare Sevelamer Carbonate Powder Dosed Once Per Day with Sevelamer Hydrochloride Tablets Dosed Three Times Per Day in Chronic Kidney Disease Patients on Hemodialysis
Steven Fishbane, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola NY, USA; James Delmez, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis MO, USA; Wadi N. Suki, The Kidney Institute and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA; Srinivas Hariachar, Outcomes Research International, Inc, Hudson, FL, USA; Sharon Moe, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Mineral Metabolism Status of Incident ESRD Patients in an Inner City Hemodialysis Unit
N. Goel, H. Pokharna, W. Torres, I. Gnanasekaran, Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, Bronx, New York, USA
- Wide Fluctuation of PTH Levels Despite Unchanged Dose of Cincacalcet in Hemodialysis Patients
Amir Jundi, Aniruddha Palya, Bhargavi Degapudi, Karthik Ranganna, Ziauddin Ahmed. Division of Nephrology.Drexel University College of Medicine
- Nutritional Intervention for Management of Osteodystrophy in Hemodialysis Patients: A Developing Country Model (Lebanon)
Mirey Karavetian, Beirut, Lebanon - Sana Ghaddar, San Francisco, California -
Hafez Elzein, Beirut, Lebanon
- Factors Influencing Parathyroid Hormone Levels and Anemia in ESRD
Raghuveer Kura, Ronald Miller, Brian Reeves, Diane Graham, Nivedita Nagam, Navin Verma.
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine. Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. Hershey, PA.
- Binder Consumption as a Function of Time: A Linear Model for
Lowering Elevated Phosphorus Levels by Improving Binder Timing
Mark A. Livingston, Davita Inc., Warren, MI, USA
- Mortality of 5-Year Time-Averaged Low Serum Calcium <8.5 mg/dL in Subgroups of Hemodialysis (HD) Patients
Jessica E Miller, Elani Streja, Csaba P Kovesdy, David Van Wyck, Allen R Nissenson, and Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh. Harold Simmons Center, Torrance, CA; VA Salem, VA;& DaVita Inc, El Segundo, CA
- Improved Phosphorous Control in Patients Switched to 7 Lanthanum Carbonate from Other Binders
Linda Noto, Western New York Dialysis Center, LLC, Orchard Park, NY, USA
- Rapid and Sustained Reduction of Phosphorous Levels with Lanthanum Carbonate Treatment in Phosphorous Binder-Naive Patients
Linda Noto, Western New York Dialysis Center, LLC, Orchard Park, New York,
- Case of Resolved Calciphylaxis in a Hemodialysis Dependent 54 Y/O Female After IV Sodium Thiosulfate
Rick Rieth, Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, United States.
- Calciphylaxis Induced by Paricalcitol
Ugo Rotolo, Maria Damiana Pilloni*, Calogera Tortorici, Carlo Giammarresi, Onofrio Schillaci, Ignazio Cutaja, Irene Parrino UU.OO. of Nephrology and Dialysis, Ospedale Civico Palermo and Azienda USL.7 P.O. Sirai Carbonia*, Italy
- Post Discharge Paricalcitol Dose Requirements for Dialysis Patients Converted to Doxercalciferol During Hospitalization
E.Sarac, L.Madenci, B.Sabol, D.Gemmel. Department of Medicine, St. Elizabeth Health Center,
- Association of Serum Alkaline Phosphatase and Coronary Artery Calcification in Hemodialysis Patients
Ronney Shantouf, Mehdi Rambod, Csaba P Kovesdy, Naser Ahmadi; Allen R Nissenson, Matthew J Budoff, and Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh. Harold Simmons Center & Cardiology, LABioMed at Harbor-UCLA, Torrance, CA; Salem VA, Salem, VA; DaVita Inc, El Segundo, C
- Comparison of Parathyroidectomies with Paricalcitol or Cinacalcet for Treatment of Secondary Hyperparathyroidism in Hemodialysis Patients
Surrey M. Walton, Glen T. Schumock, Todd A. Lee, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA; Steven E. Marx, Paul Audhya, Dennis L. Andress, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL, USA
- Assessment of Mortality in a 2-Year Comparative Study of Lanthanum Carbonate vs. Standard Therapy
Rosamund Wilson,1 Pinggao Zhang2 and Raymond Pratt.2 1Spica Consultants Ltd, Marlborough, UK and 2Shire Pharmaceuticals, Wayne, PA, USA.
- Comparison of Costs Between Paricalcitol and Doxercalciferol in Hemodialysis Patients
J. Ruth Wu-Wong, Steven E. Marx, Dennis Andress, Paul Audhya, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL, USA
- Baseline Demographic and Biochemical Characteristics of Dialysis Population in New York City’s Health and Hospital Corporation (HHC) Hospitals – Compared With the USRDS Population
Acharya A,1 Stanescu C, 2 Bonam S,1 Zelkowitz M,1 Puram, A,1 Anis K, 1 Gupta G , 2 Mihaltses J, 2 Coritsidis G, 2 1 Jacobi Medical Center, Health and Hospitals Corporation (Hhc), New York, Ny; 2 Elmhurst Hospital, Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC), New York
- Evaluation of Renal Function Recovery in Hemodialysis Dependent Patients
Samer Bani-Hani, Arif Showkat. Division of Nephrology, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, TN, United States
- Differential Evolution of Renal Scarring in Cast Nephropathy Despite Early Reductions in Serum Free Light Chains
Kolitha Basnayake,1 Chee Kay Cheung,2 Colin Hutchison,1 Mark Cook,1 Paul Rylance,3 John Stoves,2 Arthur Bradwell,4 Paul Cockwell1. 1Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre, Birmingham, 2Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust, Bradford, 3Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust, Wolverhampton, 4University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK.
- Impact of Cinacalcet Therapy on Patient-Reported Symptoms in Patients with Moderate to Severe Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
Geoffrey A Block1, Xiao Xu2, Z John Lu3, David A. Bushinsky4, William Goodman3, Tyler Knight2 and Glenn M Chertow5 1Denver Nephrologists, Denver, CO, USA , 2Covance, Inc, Gaithersburg, MD, USA, 3Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA, 4University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, USA , 5Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Successful Bridging Anticoagulation with Enoxaparin in Nine Patients with End Stage Renal Disease
Ion Bucaloiu, Evans, M, Norfolk E. Departments of System Therapeutics and Nephrology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA.
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) Enhances Reduction of Ammonia Level in a Patient with Hyperammonemic Encephalopathy
Guillermo Carnero, Gwendolyn Akers, Taher Yahya. Geisinger Medical Center. Danville, PA, USA
- Coping Strategies in Hemodialysis Patients: Associations of Satisfaction, Coping Strategies, and Outcomes in a Bronx Dialysis Population
Amanda Cyrulnik, Michal L. Melamed, and Amanda C. Raff
Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
- Anaphylaxis in Hemodialysis Patient after Thrombin Injection of Femoral Pesudoaneurysm
Bhargavi Degapudi, Amir Jundi , Ziauddin Ahmed - Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Use of TEGO Connectors in Acute Hemodialysis
Sunil George, Amit Kamra, Davinder Wadehra, Nand K. Wadhwa, Division of Nephrology, SUNY, Stony Brook, NY
- Effects of a 6-Month Intake of 3 Grams Omega 3 Fatty Acids on Inflammatory Markers in Maintenance Hemodialysis Patients
Sana Ghaddar, San Francisco, California - Nada Hasbini, Beirut, Lebanon - Hafez
Elzein, Beirut, Lebanon
- Racial Differences in Catheter Related Bacteremia in an Inner City Hemodialysis Patient Population
N Goel, H Pokharna, B Kanna, I Gnanasekaran, Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, Bronx, New York, USA
- Assessment of Excessive Day Time Somnolence (EDS) and its Association with Quality Of Life (QOL) Among Hemodialysis (HD) Patients
R Gosala, M Madhrira, R Agarwala, S Upadhyay, S Mohan, VA Pogue, JT Cheng, J. Salazar- Schicchi. Dept of Medicine, Harlem Hospital Center (HHC), Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY.
- Body Composition and All-Cause Mortality in Hemodialysis Patients
Cindy Huang1, Hocine Tighiouart1, Srinivasan Beddhu2, Alfred Cheung2, Dwyer, Johanna1, Garabed Eknoyan3, Gerald Beck4, Andrew Levey1,Mark Sarnak1. 1 Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA; 2 Univ. of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT; 3Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX; 4Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Ischemic Monomelic Neuropathyafter AV Fistula Creation; Early Diagnosis is Essential to Prevent Irreversible Nerve Damage
Deepak Jasuja, Rohit Mehta and Nader Abdel Masseih, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- A More Accurate Method of Predialysis (preD) Blood Pressure (BP) Determination
Paul G. Jenkins and Marilyn Neuens, ARA Milwaukee Dialysis Center, Milwaukee, WI, USA.
- Mortality-Predictability of Weight Gain vs Weight Loss Over 6 Months in Maintenance Hemodialysis (MHD) Patients
Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh, Elani Streja, Csaba P Kovesdy, Allen R Nissenson, and Joel D Kopple. Harold Simmons Center at Harbor-UCLA, Torrance, CA; Salem, VA; and DaVita Inc, El Segundo, CA
- Dry Weight (DW) Assessment by Body Composition Monitor (BCM) In Hemodialysis Patients
Sonja Kapun, Dialysis Center Nefrodial Krsko, Slovenia
- The Impact of Ultrafiltration Therapy on Renal Function in Patients with Refractory Heart Failure
Amir Kazory 1, Ardalan Enkeshafi 2, Edward A. Ross 1
1 Division of Nephrology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
2 Department of Internal Medicine, Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Perioperative Potassium Complications in Hemodialysis Patients
Neeraj Kumar, Clenton Coleman, Michael F Michelis, Maria V DeVita. Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital, NY, NY, USA.
- Improved Outcomes Post Enrollment in High Touch, Tailored Pharmacy—Meeting the Patients’ Need
Maricela Lara-Nevarez1, Meredith Mathews1, Chad Lennox2
1DaVita Inc., El Segundo, CA, USA 2DPC, Washington, DC, USA
- Called Into Question, an Inquiry into Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy (NFD)
Rakesh Lattupalli, MD*, Keith Bellovich, Patrick Chase, Robert Provenzano, Ashish Dhungel, Susan Steigerwalt, Joel Topf and Susan Szpunar, DrPH. 1Division of Nephrology, St John Hospital Medical Center, Detroit, Mi, USA.
- NGAL (Neutrophil Gelatinase -Associated Lipocalin), Iron Metabolism and Inflammation in Hemodialyzed Patients: Possible Relations?
Jolanta Malyszko, Jacek Malyszko, Piotr Kozminski, Michal Mysliwiec. Department of Nephrology and Transplantology, Medical University, Bialystok Poland
- Changing Characteristics of Incident Hemodialysis Patients,1995-2005
LW Mau, Y Qiu, J Liu, TJ Arneson, A Ishani, DT Gilbertson, AJ Collins, Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis
- Utilization of Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMR) in Small Dialysis Organizations (SDOs)
1Tracy Mayne, 1Matthew Gitlin, 2John Kochevar, Amgen, Thousand Oaks, CA. Kochevar Research Associates, Inc., Boston, MA.
- Use of Home Telemonitoring System in Hemodialysis Patients at High Risk for Volume Overload
Beckie Michael, Susan McAnally, Evelyn Rhoads, Thomas Lepetich, Marcos Rothstein, Jerome Tannenbaum, DSI Renal, Inc.
- Decline in SGA Score, Hospitalization, & Death in New Start Hemodialysis Patients
Amy Myrtue-Nelson, Fresenius Medical Care, Olympia, WA, Barbara
Bruemmer, Louise Peck, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Polysulfone Dialyzer as the Cause of Thrombocytopenia in an ESRD Patient
Subrahmanyam Nasika, Kalyana Janga, Sheldon Greenberg, Jack Hellman, Alan Astrow, Mark Sonnenschine, Kavita Sharma, Sumit Chowdhery, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Characteristics and Clinical Outcomes of US Pediatric Dialysis Patients at A Large Dialysis Provider
Allen R. Nissenson and Joe Weldon, DaVita Inc., El Segundo, CA, US
- Arterial Stiffness in Minorities with End Stage Renal Disease
Kalyani Perumal,1 Argekar Pushkar,1 Jerrold Levine,1 Julio Vijil,1 Raymond Townsend,2 James Lash1 1Section of Nephrology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL and 2Renal Division, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Intradialytic Modified Tai Chi Exercise Improves Balance in Hemodialysis Patients
Sorot Phisitkul1, Chwan-Li Shen2, Ming-Chien Chyu2,3, Jean-Michel Brismee4, Raul Dagda2, Eve Thompson2, Ke T Xu5, Sharma Prabhakar1
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 1Department of Internal Medicine, 2Department of Pathology, 3Healthcare Engineering, 4Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, 5Department of Family Medicine
- Dialysis During Hurricane Ike. Need For Improved Emergency Preparedness
Amber S. Podoll, Ramdas Kumar, James J. McCarthy, Kevin W. Finkel, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
- Dietary Intake in Hemodialysis Patients
Mohammad Qamar*, Beth Piraino*, Linda Snetselaar**,Susan Stark*,Mary A. Sevick*. * University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA, USA. **University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
- Potentially Avoidable Fluid Overload Treatment in Hemodialysis Patients
Yang Qiu, Jiannong Liu, Thomas J. Arneson, David T. Gilbertson, Allan J. Collins. Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis
- Association of Soluble Endotoxin Receptor CD14 and Mortality in Hemodialysis (HD) Patients (Pts)
Dominic Raj, Mehdi Rambod, Vallab Shah, Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh. Division Nephrology, Univ. of New Mexico, NM; and Harold Simmons Center, Harbor-UCLA, Torrance, CA
- Hemodialysis (HD) Induces Interleukin-6 Expression, Apoptosis And Proteolysis in the Skeletal Muscle
Dominic SC Raj, Michel Boivin, Battah, Shadi Imran, and Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh. Division Nephrology, Univ. of New Mexico, NM; and Harold Simmons Center, Harbor-UCLA, Torrance, CA
- Incident Management of Hemodialysis Patients: Managing the First 90 Days
John Robertson1, Pooja Goel1, Grace Chen1, Ronald Levine1, Debbie Benner1, and Amy Burdan1 1DaVita Inc., El Segundo, CA, USA
- Dietary Sodium and Appetite in Hemodialysis
Sevick, Mary Ann* Hall, Beth*, Stark, Susan*, Snetselaar, Linda**, Piraino, Beth*, Qamar, Mohammad*, *University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA,USA. **University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
- Determinants of Vascular Access – Patient Characteristics or Physician Preference?
Megha Shah1, Vijay Jain 1, Lori Spalding 2, Wajid Choudhry 1
(1-Unity Health System, 2 East View Dialysis Unit)
Rochester, NY, USA
- Dialysis Practices That Distinguish Top Versus Bottom Performing Facilities By Standardized Mortality Ratio (SMR)
Brennan Spiegel; Roger Bolus; Amar Desai; Phillip Zager; Tom Parker; John Moran; Matt Solomon; Osman Khawar; Matthew Gitlin; Allen Nissenson. VA, UCLA, DCI, Renal Ventures, Satellite Dialysis, Amgen
- Body Mass Index (BMI) and Survival in Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Hemodialysis (HD) Patients
Elani Streja, Csaba P Kovesdy, Jenni Jing, Allen R Nissenson, and Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh. Harold Simmons Center at Harbor-UCLA, Torrance, CA; VA Salem; and DaVita Inc, El Segundo, CA
- Comparing Death Risk of Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD) Hemodialysis (HD) Patients to Non-PKD HD Patients
Elani Streja, Allen R Nissenson, David VanWyck, Csaba P Kovesdy, and Kamyar Kalantar- Zadeh. Harold Simmons Center at Harbor-UCLA, Torrance, CA; VA Salem; and DaVita Inc, El Segundo, CA.
- Emergence of Gentamicin-Resistant Bacteremia in Hemodialysis Patients Receiving Gentamicin Lock Catheter Prophylaxis
Stephen Sweet,1;'3; Stephen Gobeille,3; Daniel Landry,1; Sarah Haessler,2; Chirag Vaidya,1; Gregory Braden. 1;'3; 1;Renal Division, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA; 2;Division of Infectious Disease, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 3;Western New England Renal and Transplant Associates, Springfield, MA.
- Clinical Outcomes of Dialysis Catheter-Related Candidemia in Hemodialysis Patients
Dmitri Sychev, Ivan D. Maya, Michael Allon. University of Alabama at Birmingham, Division of Nephrology, Birmingham, AL, USA.
- Short and Long Term Outcomes in Arteriovenous Fistulas Requiring Interventions to Promote Maturation
Ahsan Ullah1, Heather Duncan1,2, Prabir Roy-Chaudhury1,2, Mahmoud El-Khatib1,2, and Timmy Lee1,2, University of Cincinnati, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension1, Cincinnati Dialysis Access Program2
- Characteristics of the Increasing Population of Elderly Diabetic ESRD Patients: Latest USRD Data Seth Wright, Mark Williams, Alex Goldfarb-Rumyantzev. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
- Clinical Evaluation of an Oscillometric Nibp Technology During Hemodialysis According to the British Hypertension Society Protocol
Kenneth Andersen, Amee Dutko, Matt Jones, Scott Scargle, Paul Matsumura, SunTech Medical, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
- Estimating Sodium Intake in the Clinic: Use of Spot Urine Measurements
Ruth C. Campbell, Kristal J. Aaron, P. Krishna Reddy
Division of Nephrology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
- Hypertension in Early-Stage Kidney Disease: An Update from the Kidney Early Evaluation Program
Rigas Kalaitzidis1 Suying Li2 Changchun Wang2 Shu-Cheng Chen, 2 Peter A. McCullough3George Bakris1 1Department of Medicine University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois; 2Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, Minnesota;3Department of Medicine, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan
- Plasma NT-PROBNP in Relation to Vaso-Active Hormones in Hypertension
Enyioma Obinechea, Rajeev Guptab, Nico Nagelkerkea, Abdullah Shehaba, Javed Pathana, Abdishakur Abdullea
aFaculty of Medicine, UAE University; bAl-Ain Hospital; Al-Ain, UAE.
- Blood Pressure Control in CKD by Anti-Hypertensive Medication: NHANES 1999-2006
Laura Plantinga, Edgar Miller, III, Lesley Stevens, Rajiv Saran, Bruce Robinson, Nicole Flowers, Linda Geiss, and Neil Powe, for the CDC CKD Surveillance Team
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland; Tufts-NEMC, Boston, Massachusetts; University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan; and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Adherence to NHBPEP Guidelines in Children
Mohammad S. Saberi, Sopina Nambiar, Department of Pediatrics, Saint John Hospital and Medical Center. Detroit, MI.
- Biochemical and Clinical Correlates of Extracellular Mass/Body Cell Mass Ratio in Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) PTS (PTS)
Cezary Borawski, Morrell M. Avram, Paul A. Fein, Jyotiprakas Chattopadhyay, Betty Matza.
- Exotic Peritoneal Dialysis Related Peritonitis
Jorge Lamarche, Luis Beltran-Garcia, Alfredo Peguero, Craig Courville, Ana P. Velez, Mahathi Adla, Loveleen Kang, ; James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, University of South Florida Tampa FL, USA
- Succesfull Conservative Management of Pneumatosis Intestinalis in Peritoneal Dialysis Peritonitis
Jorge Lamarche, Alfredo Peguero, Craig Courville, Jorge Lamarche, Luis Beltran-Garcia; James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, University of South Florida, Tampa FL, USA
- Variations in Peritonitis Rates in 9 PD Centers
Evgueni Minev, Heena Sheth, Linda Fried, Filitsa Bender, Beth Piraino. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA, USA
- Icodextrin Associated Severe Cutaneous Toxicity in a Peritoneal Dialysis Patient
Syed Saghir, Suresh Kamath, John Galla, Kotagal Kant.
Division of Nephrology, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Multibacterial Peritonitis in Peritoneal Dialisys Patients
Onofrio Schillaci, Angelo Tralongo, Ugo Rotolo U.O. of Nephrology and Dialysis, Ospedale Civico, Palermo, Italy
- Heterogeneity in the Relative Mortality of Incident Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis Patients, Across Age, Comorbid Disease Burden, and Follow-Up Year
Eric Weinhandl1, David Gilbertson1, Thomas Arneson1, Robert Foley1. 1Chronic Disease Research Group, Mpls Medical Research Foundation, Mpls, MN, USA
- Long Term Outcomes of Contrast Induced Acute Kidney Injury in Renal Transplant Recipients
Varun Agrawal, Mohit Agarwal, Dilip Samarapungavan,
Peter A. McCullough, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak MI
- Tacrolimus (FK506) Toxicity Presenting as Unilateral Optic Papillitis
Gwendolyn Akers, Guillermo Carnero, Rajesh Govindasamy, Camille Dimiceli. Geisinger Medical Center. Danville, PA, USA.
- How Interdisciplinary Teams can Help Black Hemodialysis Patients get Kidney Transplants
Teri Browne, University of South Carolina College of Social Work, Columbia, SC
- Prospective Analysis of the Incidences of JC and BK Viruses in Renal
Transplantation: A Reciprocal Relationship
Xingxing S. Cheng, Gregory A. Storch, Daniel L. Bohl, Parmjeet Randhawa, Eugene O. Major, Caroline Ryschkewitsch, Daniel C. Brennan. Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Unexpected Outcome Following Kidney Transplantation from HLA-Identical Sibling
Carrie Grafft, Hatem Amer, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN
- Post Transplant Bone Disease. Are we Missing Anything?
Haque, Ammar; Siddiqui, Khadija; Saleh, Mohammad; Alberti, Barbara; Hussain, Syed. Cement J-Zablocki VAMC and Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
- Use of Blood Transfusions on the Kidney Transplant Waiting List, 1991-2005
Hassan Ibrahim, Areef Ishani, Jon Snyder, Melissa Skeans, Qi Li; Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Pancreatic Arteriovenous Fistula Following Multiple Allograft Biopsies
Raghuveer Kura, Osun Kwon, Nivedita Nagam. Akhtar Khan*. Division of Nephrology and Division of Transplant surgery*, Departments of Medicine and Surgery. Penn State University Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Does Sirolimus Cause Anemia that is Refractory to Therapy?
Kabeya Mwintshi, Daniel Coyne, Daniel Brennan
Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- In Select Transplant Recipients Leflunomide May Be Used As an Alternative Immunosuppressant
Maung Mya1, Ahmed I Al-Absi1. MF Egidi2.1Univ of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis.2 Med Univ of South Carolina, Charleston
- Hyperlipidemia in HIV Kidney Transplant Patients
Noor Fazle, Chauhan Veeraish, Jawa Pankaj, Palya,Aniruddha Ranganna Karthik, Kumar Mysore, Ahmed Ziauddin,. Drexel University College of Medicine. Philadelphia, PA
- Evaluation of Renin Angiotensin System (RAS) Blockade Therapy in Renal Transplant Clinic
Aniruddha Palya, Shamin Vania, Fazle Noor, Mysore Kumar, Karthik Ranganna, Ziauddin Ahmed. Department of Nephrology and Transplantation. Drexel University College of Medicine
- Vitamin D Analogues Reduce Proteinuria in Kidney Transplant (KTx) Patients
Aniruddha Palya, Fazle Noor, Shamin Vania, Mysore Kumar, Karthik Ranganna,Ziauddin Ahmed
- Amphotericin B for Treatment of Concurrent Pulmonary Zygomycosis and Aspergillus in Kidney Tranplant Recepient
Sarah Rebecca Peglow, Samir Nangia, Ehab R Saad
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
- Hypertrophic Osteoarthropathy after Kidney Transplantation Treated With Pamidronate
Sein Yin See, Jennifer Fillaus, Erik Ericson, Brian Stevens, Vinaya Rao, Clifford Miles
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Resolution of Calciphylaxis after Successful Kidney Transplantation
Ahsan Ullah,1 Prabir Roy-Chaudhury1, Gautham Mogilishetty1, E. Steve Woodle2, Amit Govil1
1Division of Nephrology and Hypertension and 2Transplant Surgery, University of Cincinnati Med. Ctr., Cincinnati, OH
- Thymoglobulin® Related Delayed Cardiopulmonary Reaction in a Kidney Transplant Recipient
Ahsan Ullah,MD1, Prabir Roy-Chaudhury, MD1, Gautham Mogilishetty, MD1, E. Steve Woodle, MD2, Amit Govil, MD1
1Division of Nephrology and Hypertension and 2Transplant Surgery, University of Cincinnati Med. Ctr., Cincinnati, OH
- Campylobacter Bacteremia in an HIV Positive Renal Transplant Patient
Shamin Vania, Aniruddha Palya, Ziauddin Ahmed, Karthik Ranganna, Mysore Kumar, Drexel University College of Medicine
- Telephone Peer Mentoring: A New Approach to Improving Access to Kidney Transplantation
Gareth Warren1,4, Michele Heisler2,4, Erica Perry5, Maurie Ferriter5, John Piette2,4, John Magee3, Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program1, Division of General Medicine2 and Surgery3, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI, USA, VA Ann Arbor Health Care System 4, Ann Arbor, MI, USA, National Kidney Foundation of Michigan5, Ann Arbor MI, USA
- Statins Not Associated With Improved Patient or Graft Survival in Kidney Transplant (KTX) Recipients Receiving Tacrolimus
Nizar Younas, Christine Wu, Ron Shapiro, Jerry McCauley, James Johnston, Henkie Tan, Amit Basu, Heidi Schaefer, Cynthia Smetanka, Wolfgang Winkelmayer, Mark Unruh
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Systemic Sarcoidosis Diagnosed by Renal Biopsy
Irfan Ahmed*, Bhargavi Degapudi , Jasjot Garcha, Bulent Cuhaci , Ziauddin Ahmed
Drexel University College of Medicine Philadelphia, Pennsylvania,
* Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, Pennsylvania
- Bilateral Renal Infarction: Rare Manifestation of Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO)
Sanjiv Anand, Kalyana Janga, Subrahmanyam Nasika ,Suneeta Gadde, Sheldon Greenberg , Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
- "Teledialysis” in the Acute Setting and Its Outcome
Ahmed Awad, Ahmad Tuffaha, Kansas City Missouri U.S.A
- “Kidney Matters” Pre-Dialysis Education Program Participants Express Increased Knowledge About, and Competence in, Managing CKD and Choosing Renal Replacement Therapy Modality; Comparison Data Suggest Modest Participant Gain in Some CKD Management Behavior Indicators
Eunice C. Banks Atlanta, Georgia USA
- Hepatic Encephalopathy: Rare Manifestation of Icteric Variant of Stauffer’s Syndrome
Krishna Baradhi, Ankita Shah, Snigda Chukka, Swapna Chalasani, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria,IL
- Supplementation with Over-the-Counter Cholecalciferol Increases Serum 25 Hydroxy Vitamin D Levels in Hemodialysis Subjects
Clement, Louise; Bollman, Lacey; Jackson, Traci; Shen, Chwan-Li; Spallholz, Julian; and Boylan, Mallory. South Plains Kidney Disease Center; Texas Tech University and TTU Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX.
- Patient Calendar Offers “Everyday Enlightenments”
Kim Dowdle and Joni-Jill Tobrocke, CVPH Medical Center, Plattsburgh, NY, USA
- Pneumococcal Vaccination and Related Outcomes in Patients on Dialysis
David T. Gilbertson, Haifeng Guo, Thomas Arneson, Stephan Dunning, Allan Collins. Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Framing the Gift of Life: An Empirical Examination of Altruism, Social Distance and Materials in Non-Directed Kidney Donor Motivation
Harry L. Humphries, Browyn K. Conrad, Shelli Reed, Rimal Reed, Clara Michelle Jennings, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kansas USA
- Retrospective Evaluation of Heparin Coated Tunneled Catheters in a University Center
Gaurav Jain, Michael Allon, Ivan D. Maya. University of Alabama at Birmingham, Division of Nephrology, Birmingham, AL.
- Comparison of Bone Mineral Density (BMD) by DXA in CKD Stages 3 & 4 with Healthy Controls
Mary Ann Lim, Tara Tehrani, Lucy W. Kibe, Harold I. Feldman, Raymond Townsend, Babette S. Zemel, Mary B. Leonard and the CRIC Study Investigators. The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Components of First Year Medicare Costs for Elderly Incident Hemodialysis Patients
J. Liu, H. Guo, LW. Mau, A. Ishani, TJ. Arneson, DT. Gilbertson, AJ. Collins. Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- First-Year Post-Dialysis-Initiation Costs for Medicare Incident Hemodialysis Patients from 1995 to 2005: Trend Analysis by Survival and Mortality Subgroups
LW Mau, H Guo, J Liu, TJ Arneson, A Ishani,, DT Gilbertson, AJ Collins. Chronic Disease Research Group, Minneapolis
- Spectrum of Renal Pathology in Hepatits C Virus (HCV) Infection
Brian Mussio, Loretta Simbartl, Charuhas V. Thakar, Cincinnati VAMC, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Hepatitis C Increases Progression of CKD In Biopsy Proven Glomerulopathies
Lama Noureddine, Sohail Usman, Sharon Moe, Division of Nephrology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy Of Doxercalciferol In Vitamin D-Replete CKD Patients
Anita Patel, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit MI for BCI-CH-151 Study Group
- Peripheral Blood Hematocrit is a Poor Surrogate for Red Blood Cell Volume in Patients with Volume Excess or Depletion
Luana Pillon *1 and Timothy Manzone, 2 1Division of Nephrology, New York University School of Medicine and 2Section of Nuclear Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, DE.
- Event-Related Distress in Kidney Disease Patients
Sarah Ramer, Anne Germain, Sheena Dohar, Mark Unruh
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Electronic Medical Records System Validation of Claims-Based Queries for Acute Renal Failure
Marc B. Rosenman,1,2 Peter Wahl,3 Greg Daniel,3 J. Marc Overhage,1,2 Patricia McGuire,1 Dan Thompson,1 Keith Rodgers,3 Louise Short,3 Rhonda Bohn,3 William M. Tierney.1,2
1) Regenstrief Institute and 2) Indiana University School of Medicine (Indianapolis, IN, USA); 3) HealthCore (Wilmington, DE, USA)
- Randomized, Open-Label Cross-Over Studies to Assess the Potential Pharmacokinetic Interaction of Warfarin or Digoxin and Sevelamer Carbonate
Dennis Ruff, Healthcare Discoveries LLC, A Division of ICON Development Solutions, San Antonio, TX, USA; Jeremy Heaton, Genzyme Corporation, Cambridge UK
- Sexual Dysfunction in Female Dialysis Patients
Srikanth Seethala, Mark L. Unruh, Rachel Hess, Steven D. Weisbord
- Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQoL) and Survival of Poor Prognosis ESRD Patients on Dialysis Versus Conservative Management
YY Seowa, LM Qua, SH Tanc,KS Wonga, CM Chana,CR Gohb, A Yeeb,
a Dept of Renal Medicine, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore.
b Dept of Palliative Medicine, National Cancer Centre, Singapore.
C Dept of Clinical Trials and Epidemiological Sciences, NCC, S’pore.
- Association of Presciption Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) Use with Patient-Provider Communication and Percieved Discrimination
Janice Weatherspoon1, Sandral Hullett2, Catarina Kiefe1, Jeroan Allison1; 1University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama; 2 Cooper Green Mercy Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama
- Non-Invasive Urine Biomarkers of Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) in Premature Infants
David Askenazi, FaisaL Shuaib, Amandiy Liwo Namasivayan Ambalavanan. U of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Potential Perinatal Exposures to Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) in Premature Infants
David Askenazi, Faisal Shuaib , Amandiy Liwo Namasivayan Ambalavanan. U of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Gene Expression Analysis of Human IGA and Lupus Nephritis: Similarities and
Celine C. Berthier1, Viji Nair1, Maria P. Rastaldi2, Mariana Kaplan1, Matthias Kretzler1.
1Department of Internal Medicine – Nephrology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan; 2Fondazione D’Amico per la Ricerca sulle Malattie Renali, Milano, Italy.
- Transferrin Induces Vasopressin Receptor Type 2 (V2R) Internalization and Effects Water Osmeostasis in VIVO
Richard Bouley, Paula Nunes and Dennis Brown
Center for Systems Biology, Program in Membrane Biology and Nephrology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA.
- Patient Perspectives on Barriers to Successful Fluid Management in Chronic Hemodialysis
Kerri Cavanaugh, Melinda Coston, Kimberly Smith, Kimberly Glock, Tom Elasy, Ken Wallston, T. Alp Ikizler. Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA.
- Lineage Study of the Gdnf-Expressing Cells in the Nephrogenic Mesenchyme and Analysis of Their Self-Renewal Potential During Kidney Development
Cristina Cebrián1, Naoya Asai2, Vivette D’Agati1, Frank Costantini1. 1.Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York. 2.Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan.
- Blood Lead Level and Cystatin C-BASED eGFR in Adolescents in the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES III)
Jeffrey J. Fadrowski, Ana Navas-Acien, Virginia M. Weaver, Susan L. Furth, Johns Hopkins University Schools of Medicine & Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland
- Increased Prevalence of Cardiovascular Disease/Risk among Parents of Children with Chronic Kidney Disease: CKiD Study Results
J Fadrowski, S Cohn, S Andreoli, J Saland, C Wong, B Warady, S Furth, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland; CKiD
- Urinary Biomarkers of Acute Kidney Injury in Pediatric Patients after Cardiac Surgery
Michael A. Ferguson*, Sushrut S. Waikar†, Vishal S. Vaidya†, Joseph V. Bonventre†; *Division of Nephrology, Children’s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA; †Division of Nephrology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Deleting TGF-β Receptor in Renal Tubular Cells Stimulates Collagen Production by Fibroblasts
Leslie Gewin, Ray Harris, Hal Moses, Ambra Pozzi, Roy Zent, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Effect of Notch Activation on the Regenerative Response to Acute Kidney Injury (AKI)
Sandeep Gupta, Shunan Li, Md. Joynal Abedin, Mark Rosenberg
- Telomerase is Expressed in Renal Medulla and Papilla: Regulation
by Benjamin D. Humphreys, Osmolarity Suzanne Czerniak, Teresa Wang, Wendy Ying, Diana L. Carlone, Joseph V. Bonventre and David Breault
- Rablla Dependent Stretch-Induced Exocytosis in Bladder Umbrella Cell
Puneet Khandelwal and G. Apodaca, Renal Electrolyte, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- Blood Flow Early after Hemodialysis AV Fistula Creation and Relationship to Maturation
Tal Kopel, James S. Kaufman, Laura M. Dember, Renal Section, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts.
- A Cell-Permeable Peptide Derived From Caveolin-1 Reduces Blood Pressure in Awake Mice
Ethan P. Marin1, Pascal Bernatchez2 and William C. Sessa2 1Department of Medicine/Nephrology, and 2Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut.
- Predicting Response to Angiotensin Receptor (ARB) and Mineralocorticoid Receptor (MRA) Blockade Add-On Therapy in Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitor (ACEI) Treated Patients with Diabetic Nephropathy (DN)
Uzma Mehdi; Kevin Rosenblatt*; Harold Garner, Guanghua Xiao, Jessica Lucas, Wayne Fisher and Robert Toto. The Univ of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas and Medical Branch at Galv- eston*
- Sprouty1 and GDNF/RET Signalling in Kidney Development
Odyssé Michos1, Debbie Hyink2, Jon Licht3, and Frank Costantini1
1. Columbia University Med. Center, New York, NY. 2. Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY. 3. Northwestern Univ. Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL.
- Peptide YY 3’-Utr Polymorphism Regulates Plasma PYY Level and Associates with Metabolic Syndrome Traits
Pei-an Betty Shih, Lei Wang, Gen Wen, Caroline Nievergelt, Manjula Mahata, Srikrishna Khandrika, Bruce A. Hamilton, Sushil K. Mahata, Daniel T. O’Connor. Division of Nephrology,
University of California, San Diego
- Expression and Localization of the Receptor Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Gamma (RPTPg) in the Mouse Kidney
Lara A Skelton, Walter F Boron, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, CASE Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio