Getting Employer Support to Attend
The four days of the NKF 2014 Spring Clinical Meetings will be the most cost-effective professional development choice you have all year. Use this sample letter of support ( 21 KB) to assist you with gaining support from your employer. Feel free to customize it however you would like.
Tips on Getting Employer Support for Attending SCM14:
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation and Q&A to your colleagues to share what you learn, so others in your work setting can benefit from your attendance.
- Share the on-site program book and Web site for speaker handouts with your colleagues.
- Explain what you plan to get out of attending and how that will benefit your work, organization, and patients.
- Be ready with a plan that shows who will cover for you while you’re attending the Meeting.
- Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses.
- Search airline tickets/transportation early to obtain the best rates
If you have other ideas on how to get employer support and would like to share, please e-mail them to email@example.com, and we will include them on our Web site.