NEPHROLOGY SOCIAL WORKER PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
This program is designed for all experience and expert levels -- novice, experienced, and seasoned -- and all nephrology practice settings. The Program provides a diverse curriculum that addresses the multi-layered nature and mechanics of contemporary, ever-developing Nephrology Social Work by offering sessions that develop the craft of those involved in direct patient care, leadership, research, and policy. Implicit and recurring concepts across the Program content include professional effectiveness, clinical tool efficiency, mindfulness, and treatment ethics.
- What Happens in Vegas Awakens You in Vegas: Mindful Leadership Skills for Nephrology Social Workers
- Nephrology Social Work 101: Learning/Reviewing the Clinical and Concrete Fundamentals
- Suicide Assessment Skill Building for Nephrology Social Workers
- Nephrology Social Worker Workshop - This workshop is now closed due to reaching full capacity
CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION
A maximum of 31.5* continuing education clock hours for social workers (for the entire program) have been applied for through the following agencies:
- The National Kidney Foundation Council of Nephrology Social Workers, Provider #1014, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. The National Kidney Foundation Council of Nephrology Social Workers maintains responsibility for the program.
- The National Kidney Foundation Council of Nephrology Social Workers, approval number PCE 2410, is approved as a Continuing Education Provider by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. This course meets the qualifications for continuing education credit for LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, Provider Number 50-1414, expires March 31, 2015.
Conference registrants are responsible for making sure their state accepts the ASWB ACE provider as sufficient for CEUs, or if they need to do anything additional to independently receive state CEUs.
This program is NSW-C approved. All social work ethics courses will be accepted for NSW-C re-certification.
As of February 2014