The Kidney Walk is the nation's largest walk to fight kidney disease. Held in nearly 100 communities, the event raises awareness and funds lifesaving programs that educate and support patients, their families and those at risk. Take a lifesaving step today and sign up for a walk below.
Donate your old car, van, truck, or boat to help improve the lives of the millions of Americans affected by kidney disease. Donate today!
What: We have opportunities to become part of many different committees...share your ideas with us- we want to hear them! We have opportunities for in-house projects...come spend some time with us! We have many ways you can volunteer the day of an event...join us!
When: Based on the opportunity, dates and times vary. Let us know what you're interested in doing!
Where: Some volunteer opportunities are available here in our office, some from the comfort of your home, and some on location!
Why: Because you support us in our mission and we'd like to you to share your ideas and time helping us reach the 1 in 3 at risk!
Want to be a positive role model that others can relate to, identify with and learn from?
What is Peers?
- A national, telephone-based peer support program from the National Kidney Foundation (NKF)
- Connects people who want support with someone who has been there
- Helps people adjust to living with chronic kidney disease, kidney failure, or a kidney transplant
Because you may:
- Want more one-on-one support than your healthcare professional can provide in a brief office visit
- Benefit from talking to someone who has been there
- Wish to help others by sharing your own personal experience about living and coping with kidney disease...
Kidney Living is the National Kidney Foundation's FREE magazine for dialysis patients!
Each issue features stories from people who are living well on dialysis, as well as tips for coping with kidney disease, healthy eating, finding support, and so much more.
Click here to learn more and sign up!
NKF shares its new vision and goals for the next five years. Learn more about what we can achieve together.
Your tax-deductible donation to the National Kidney Foundation will enable us to provide help and hope to the 26 million Americans with chronic kidney disease. Your contribution supports public, patient and professional education, early detection programs, research and organ donation awareness.
How Your Gift Helps:
- Empowers 4 million visitors through our website, kidney.org, to learn about symptoms, risk reduction and tools to improve their quality of life.
- Engages over 131,000 doctors and other healthcare providers with Continuing Medical Education (CME) in cutting-edge treatments that find kidney disease early and stop it in its tracks.
- Helps screen over 30,000 high risk individuals nationwide—20% of whom will learn for the first time that immediate medical attention is required.
Contact MaryKate Carofano to donate today.
The following are a few programs and services provided through our grass roots committee structure.
Information Library - Contact us to receive free literature about kidney disease risk factors, treatment options, and more. You may also click here to view our literature on line.
Free Presentations - View upcoming educational presentations in our Calendar of Events.
Speakers' Bureau - Contact our office to schedule a presentation about kidney disease or organ donation for your school, organization or community group. We never charge a fee for this service.
Health Fairs - Contact our office if you would like the National Kidney Foundation to participate in a community health fair or other educational event.
Resource Service - We can direct you to additional resources for patients and caregivers that may be available for you and your family.
The NKF Golf Classic is the nation's premier amateur golf event for charity. The top-3 finishing teams from every local NKF Golf Classic are invited to compete in the National Finals held at the famed Pebble Beach Resorts.