Baked Turkey Spring Rolls
Appropriate for CKD, Dialysis, Diabetes
8 servings, 2 spring rolls per serving
20 oz 99% lean Jennie-O ground turkey breast
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 ½ cups coleslaw mix
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
16 frozen spring roll pastry wrappers
Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Remove frozen spring roll wrappers from freezer. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 25-30 minutes prior to using.
- Mix raw turkey with balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, and minced cilantro.
- Coat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey to hot skillet, stir to crumble and sauté until cooked.
- Add the coleslaw mix to the turkey on the skillet and continue cooking, stir to mix for 5 minutes. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons ground black pepper over mixture and mix well.
- Remove from heat and set aside, allowing to drain on a strainer.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the filling mixture diagonally near one corner of the spring roll wrapper, leaving space at both ends. Fold the side nearest to you over the filling, fold in both sides and roll, keeping it tight. Moisten one edge of the wrapper with water to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Spray baking pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the spring rolls in a baking pan. Place it in the oven, bake for 30 minutes at 400°F.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce as dipping sauce (not included in nutritional analysis).
Calories 250, Fat 13.0 g, Saturated Fat 2.2 g, Cholesterol 56.0 mg, Sodium 191.8 mg, Carbohydrate 18.2 g, Dietary Fiber 0.7 g, Sugars 1.3 g, Protein 14.8 g, Potassium 233.0 mg, Phosphorus 117.5 mg
Recipe submitted by Boon Chuah, MS, RD, LD, Renal Center of North Denton, Texas