1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tsp. minced garlic
12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 kg), cut thigh in half
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces and cook until both sides are lightly browned. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add onions, red pepper and garlic to same skillet. Cook and stir until vegetables been to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add gingerroot, curry powder, chili powder, turmeric and cinnamon. Cook and stir for one more minute.
- Add coconut milk substitute, chutney, and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Stir in chicken pieces and apples. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add cilantro. Simmer, uncovered for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot over a bed of basmati rice.
Calories 231, Fat 7.0 g, Cholesterol 94.1 mg, Sodium 190.3 mg, Carbohydrate 15.3 g, Dietary Fiber 1.8 g, Sugar 4.5 g, Protein 23.1 g, Potassium 474.4 mg, Phosphorus 225.5 mg