Cranberry Ginger Chicken
Appropriate for CKD, Dialysis
Makes 1 ½ Cups, Serves 6
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs or breasts, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, for garnish
- Stir cranberry juice, cranberries, ginger and garlic in large bowl until blended. Add chicken, cover, and marinate in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours. Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Reserve marinade.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add shallots and sauté over medium heat until transparent. Add reserved marinade and bring to a boil, uncovered. Decrease heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until reduced in half. Add carrots last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes per side until juices run clear when pierced with a fork or chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F.
- Place grilled chicken on a large serving platter, drizzle with reduced marinade, and garnish with chopped chives. Serve with seasonal vegetables and a whole grain side dish like brown rice or quinoa.
Protein 27.7 grams
Carbohydrate 33.6 grams
Total Fat 7.1
Sodium 133.7 mg
Potassium 400.6 mg
Phosphorus, 235 mg