A 16th century pharmacist and seer, Nostradamus, has long been associated as someone who could see into the future. The Council of Advanced Practitioners (CAP) has established the Nostradamus Award to be given annually to an individual, group of individuals, or organization that, through forethought and vision, , recognizes, supports and promotes the contributions of Advanced Practitioners (APs) in nephrology.
To qualify, the individual or organization will have excelled in one of the following areas:
- Leadership in advancing or promoting the role of nephrology APs in education, research or health care management
- Promoting legislative advancement affecting nephrology APs
- Performing outstanding community promoting the cause of people with kidney disease and their families
- Advancing the education or recruitment of nephrology APs
Eligibility & Nomination
- Any individual or organization is eligible for nomination.
- A nomination is based on completion of a form describing the nominee's accomplishments in one or more of the above listed areas.
- The form should be submitted to CAP’s Awards Chair:Jane S. Davis, CRNP, DNP, FNKF
Ph: (205) 934-5944
Nomination Form: Download
The recipient will be announced on the NKF web site and presented with the award at the CAP Luncheon, during the annual National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meetings. The recipient will also receive a plaque and a personalized letter from NKF-CAP recognizing their achievement.
Deadline for nominations is September 1, 2014.