Mission Statement, or Goals of Local Chapter:
The Council of Nephrology Social Workers (CNSW) is a professional membership council within the National Kidney Foundation (NKF). CNSW's purpose is twofold:
- to assist patients and their families in dealing with the psychosocial stresses and lifestyle adjustments that come with a diagnosis of CKD and to facilitate a treatment program that will maximize rehabilitation potential; and
- to support the federal regulations governing ESRD reimbursement in regard to standards for social work practice and in the definition of a qualified social worker.
- Develop and promote patient and public education.
- Support and promote the profession and education of renal social work.
- Impact regulatory and legislative issues.
- Ensure the use of the qualified social work in the ESRD setting.
- Provide ongoing support and education to the renal patient.
Relationship to National Chapter
The chapter maintains a strong connection with the NKF of Florida; CNSW members serve on its Board of Directors and various committees. The chapter is active in local legislative and regulatory matters that impact patient care and professional standards.