I. Purpose, Mission Statement, Goals
With a membership upwards of 60, the Inland Empire CNSW Chapter offers a robust opportunity of continuing education and networking for nephrology social workers and students within the region.
Using a wide range of venues, the Inland Empire Chapter hosts semi-annual meetings providing a continental breakfast, lunch, open discussion, presentations from experienced professionals, and the opportunity to meet and greet with colleagues in the field.
The Council of Nephrology Social Workers (CNSW) is a professional membership council within the National Kidney Foundation (NKF). CNSW's purpose is twofold:
- to assist patients and their families in dealing with the psychosocial stresses and lifestyle adjustments that come with a diagnosis of CKD and to facilitate a treatment program that will maximize rehabilitation potential; and
- to support the federal regulations governing ESRD reimbursement in regard to standards for social work practice and in the definition of a qualified social worker.
NKF – CNSW National Goals:
- Develop and promote patient education.
- Support and promote the profession and education of renal social worker.
- Impact regulatory and legislative issues.
- Ensure the use of qualified social workers in the CKD setting.
- Provide ongoing support and education to the CKD patient.