New Jersey Council of Nephrology Social Workers
Purpose, Mission Statement, Goals
- Develop and promote patient education.
- Support and promote the profession and education of renal social worker.
- Impact regulatory and legislative issues.
- Ensure the use of qualified social workers in the CKD setting.
- Provide ongoing support and education to the CKD patient.
New Jersey Mission Statement and Goals:
- The New Jersey Council of Nephrology Social Workers is an organization of Nephrology Social Workers serving in New Jersey dialysis and kidney Transplant centers.
- The Council was organized to ensure communication between New Jersey’s renal social workers. We focus on shared values, ideas and problem solving, and on improving our clinical knowledge base and skills.
- We enhance Nephrology Social Work practice by:
- Sharing educational tools
- Providing educational programs
- Gathering data from dialysis and transplant social workers
- Providing group support
- Gathering current legislative, statistical, environmental and Insurance information that affects those with CKD
- Rewarding and acknowledging members of the organization for outstanding performance and achievements.