The Commission on Dietetic Registration designates this educational activity for CPE Level 2. The self-study programs are worth a maximum of 2 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD) and Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTR).
Each CPE exercise consists of a single test with short questions that is based on a single article published in the Journal of Renal Nutrition (JRN). To start an exercise, follow these steps:
- Choose an article below and click on the "Read the article" link. This will open up the article on the Journal of Renal Nutrition site in a new browser window (you may need to turn off your pop-up blocker).
- If you are not a subscriber to the Journal of Renal Nutrition, you will need to register and then either purchase a subscription to the journal to view the article or purchase the article via pay-per-view. If you already subscribe to the Journal of Renal Nutrition, you will need to register and activate your online subscription or log-in to view the article.
- Read the article.
- Return to this page, which will remain open behind the article, and click on the "Take the test" link to take the test.
- When prompted, enter your first and last names and your credentials as you would like them to appear on your certificate.
- Take the test and click the button.
- Once you have successfully passed the test, you will be prompted to print out your certificate.
- BE SURE TO PRINT OUT YOUR CERTIFICATE AS YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT BE SAVED AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COME BACK LATER TO PRINT IT OUT!
After taking each test, you may obtain the Level 2 credits for your Professional Development Portfolio. Credit for each test may be earned for up to 2 years after it is posted to the site. After 2 years, tests will expire and credit will no longer be offered.
We would like to acknowledge:
Mauren McCarthy, MPH, RD, CSR, LD
Alison Steiber, PhD, RD, LD and
Jean Stover, RD, LDN
for their contributions to the Journal of Renal Nutrition (JRN) CPE program.