Purpose, Mission Statement, Goals
National NKF-CRN Goals
- Promote and encourage quality nutrition care of all patients with CKD
- Support the profession of the renal dietitian and promote professional education
- Develop and promote patient and public education
- Stimulate, support, encourage and disseminate nutrition-related research
- Impact regulatory and legislative issues
- Maintain and increase Council membership
- Maintain fiscal accountability within the NKF structure in support of CRN goals.
GCRN Mission Statement & Goals
- Act as an advisory council to the National Kidney Foundation Serving Georgia and Alabama on issues concerning renal nutrition.
- Develop and distribute information on the nutritional aspects of renal disease, dialysis, transplantation, and other related disorders throughout the state.
- Develop and promote statewide continuing education programs that will further the education of dietitians, physicians, and other interested health professionals
- Establish and promote good nutritional care for patients through liaison with the community, professionals, as well as other organizations.