CRN Local Chapter Affiliation
NKF-CRN requires CRN Local Chapters to complete an affiliation application every two years. Formal affiliation with the NKF-CRN is a way to strengthen Local Chapter effectiveness, expand the CRN communication network, and promote cooperation towards the common goal of quality nutrition care of patients with chronic kidney disease. NKF-CRN promotes our expertise and strives to preserve renal nutrition therapy in caring for these patients. If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact your Alternate Region Representative or Nadiya Lakhani, CRN Membership Chair.
Next affiliation period begins October 2012.
Guidelines for formal affiliation to NKF-CRN:
- Chapters will incorporate CRN into their title (i.e., “CRN of Anytown” or “Anytown CRN”).
- Chapter elected officers and voting members must be members of NKF-CRN. All Chapter members are encouraged to hold national NKF-CRN membership.
- Chapters have the choice of adopting and supporting the NKF-CRN Rules and Regulations or writing their own. Local Chapter Rules and Regulations must be compatible with those of the NKF-CRN.
- Chapter Rules and Regulations must be on file with its Region Representative and the CRN Membership Chair, and will be requested every six years (2012, 2018, etc.). If this is your first time affiliating or your Rules and Regulations have changed during the past two years, a copy of your Chapter's Rules and Regulations will need to be attached to your application.
- Chapters will meet at least two (2) times per year.
- Chapters will submit reports to their Alternate Region Representative four (4) times a year to be included in the RenaLink newsletter.
- Chapters will define their geographic boundaries so as not to conflict with other Chapters.
- Every two years, Chapters will complete an affiliation application with the NKF-CRN.
- In January 2011, the National Kidney Foundation developed policies and procedures for operation as an Affiliated Local Chapter of the NKF-CRN. By completing the 2012 Local Chapter Affiliation, the Chapter is also affirming it has read and accepted NKF's policies. Read the policies.
- Follow the link below to login and complete the 2012 CRN Local Chapter Affiliation form.
- When prompted, upload a copy of your membership roster in Microsoft Excel format. The roster should include members’ appropriate credentials, preferred mailing address, phone and e-mail address. If you know whether the local member is also a NKF-CRN member, please indicate, but it is not required.
- If this is the Chapter’s first time affiliating or the Chapter’s Rules and Regulations have changed during the past two years, a copy of the Chapter’s Rules and Regulations will need to be attached to the application. When prompted, upload a copy of your Chapter Rules and Regulations, as a Microsoft Word document.
TIP: To avoid difficulty in uploading your documents, please do not use spaces in the file name of your document (i.e., name the files CRNofAnytownRoster.xls and CRNofAnytownRules.doc).
Thank you for your commitment to NKF-CRN and your Local Chapter!
If you have problems completing the form or uploading documents, please contact us.