"Your Treatment, Your Choice"
Get your free copy...
- "Your Treatment, Your Choice"
- "The KDE Business Resource"
"Your Treatment, Your Choice" is available free to Physicians, Advanced Practice Nurses, Physician Assistants and Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Why was the NKF/RPA Partnership created?
- To assist the healthcare community in implementing the MIPPA kidney disease education benefit and improve patient education about treatment options
- The NKF/RPA partnership is made possible with support from Abbott, Amgen, Affymax-Takada, Genentech, and Sanofi.
What can I expect to receive by filling out the request form?
- You will be sent a double CD-Rom set developed by the NKF and RPA partnership that will help you implement the MIPPA kidney disease education benefit in your community
What's on the "Your Treatment, Your Choice" disk?
- A comprehensive educational program for teaching patients with CKD stage 4 about kidney disease and treatment options
- Easy to implement for one-on-one or small group instruction
- For use by physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, or clinical nurse specialists to teach eligible Medicare beneficiaries
- All teaching tools are on a single CD-ROM
- PowerPoint slides with speaker notes
- Implementation Guide for Health Care Professionals
- Lesson plans
- Patient handouts
- Educational word games, puzzles, quizzes, and take-home exercises
- Evaluation forms
- Outcomes instruments
- Certificates of attendance
- And much, much more!
What's on the "KDE Business Resource" disk?
- How Do I Get Started? A Leaders' Guide for Implementing MIPPA, developed by RPA and NKF
- The RPA's KDE Business and Practice Tools, developed by RPA
- Mid-level Provider Practice Assessment Tool. Assists you with determining the economic viability of utilizing mid-level providers.
- KDE Practice Assessment Template. Assists practices with evaluating the economic viability of implementing KDE for individual patients as well as groups.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Addresses commonly posed inquiries related to coding and billing for the KDE services.
- Principles for Documentation of Medicare KDE Services. Provides a template to assist providers with recording KDE services delivered to CKD patients.
- Best Practices for Implementation of the Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 (MIPPA)
Request your free CD-ROM set now
- To request a copy of the CD-Rom disk set, click here