Basic Requirements for Kidney Car Donation
- Having your vehicle identification number will speed up the process
- You must hold a clear title to the vehicle
- Have handy the year, make and model of your vehicle
- Know the approximate mileage and general condition of the used car donation
- You’ll need your vehicle identification number (VIN). This 17-digit number can be found on your registration, your title and your insurance policy. It can also be found on your car, near the base of the windshield, usually on the left-hand side. If your vehicle is older, you may have the VIN number on the left-hand door post or the outer end of the driver's side door.
Calling in Your Car Donation
If you call in your car donation, an NKF representative will answer any questions you might have about Kidney Cars program procedures. The NKF representative will complete the call by assisting you with any title problems and setting a time to pick up your vehicle. You will be asked some questions about the vehicle's location and condition to help in scheduling your free pick-up. We accept all vehicles and tow it free of charge.
Afterwards, an NKF representative will be emailing or mailing you a packet which includes an odometer statement and other information to assist in better serving you. The instructions will also be asking you to prepare the title paperwork and the vehicle for the agreed upon a self-addressed envelope in which to mail back the signed title to your used car donation, an odometer statement giving the exact mileage on your vehicle and other information to assist in better serving you.
Once the NKF receives your completed car donation packet, we will contact you to schedule your free tow. The Kidney Cars Program is fully licensed and insured and service providers meet all local and federal EPA requirements.
You will receive a letter from the NKF acknowledging your intent to make a charity car donation and bearing the make, model and vehicle identification number on your vehicle. We will also provide you with all the pertinent tax documentation required for a deduction after the completion of the process.