- Will there be any cost to me?
Absolutely not, this is a completely free program. We will even pick up your car for free!
- How long does it take to get my vehicle picked up?
It can take as little as one day in many cases. Otherwise, it takes no more than a few days based on the distance and availability of our tow trucks.
- I need to get rid of my car immediately, can I take it somewhere?
We have drop-off locations in every major city. When you drop-off your car you are also saving the NKF the cost of towing, which makes your donation even more valuable.
- I live in a town where there isn't an NKF office. Can you still pick up my car?
Yes! Our towing service is available nationwide, or you can always drive it to the closest drop-off location.
- What can I donate?
We take mostly cars, but if it rolls, floats or flies it can help save lives! We have taken many unusual items and turned them into life-saving machines, including: farm equipment, cotton gins and jet airplanes. If you have an unusual item please call us about it at 1-800-488-CARS.
- Can I donate a vehicle that doesn't run?
YES! Non-running cars can also save lives.
- How do I check the status of my car donation?
It can take up to six weeks to complete the donation process, if you have not received your tax documentation in that time, please call 1-800-488-CARS.
- Is my donation tax deductible?
The National Kidney Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation, so your donation may be tax deductible. Since each case is different, it is best to consult your tax advisor or accountant for details.