About this event
The National Kidney Foundation invites kidney patients from early stages of kidney disease to dialysis or transplantation and their caregivers to come together, learn, and become empowered at the 6th Annual VIRTUAL Patient Symposium.
The goal of Virtual Patient Symposium is to engage, empower, and educate those affected by kidney disease, including patients, caregivers, organ donors, and healthcare professionals. This is done through a series of virtual breakout sessions whose topics cover the latest medical advances, financial developments, nutrition essentials, wellness care, primary care prevention, and mental health associated with kidney disease. Patient Symposium is a unique service because its target audience is kidney disease patients, caregivers, and organ donors.
Virtual Breakout Sessions on Zoom Include:
- Patient Breakout Session, Tyrone Hamler and Andrew Linder
Discuss the social pressures and other factors that individuals and families deal with who are living with and managing chronic kidney disease.
- Gout Breakout Session, Dr. Payam Shakouri and Josie Cooper
Gout is not what you think it is…1 in 3 kidney patients have gout.
- Transplant Breakout Session, Dr. Titte Srinivas
Find out the 101 Basics of a Kidney Transplant!
- Caregiver Breakout Session, Emily Linder
Caregivers need to take care of themselves so they can take care of others.
- Home Modalities, Carli Cribbs, Anthony Wilson, Brielle Chirila, Patient Speakers
Home-based modalities help patients enjoy a better quality of life. It gives them flexibility and control over their lives.
- How to Talk to Your Children, Family and Friends on CKD, Dr. Christina Nguyen and Dr. Carol Landis
Find out how to communicate to people in your circle about kidney disease and your kidney journey.
Check out last year’s Patient Resource Guide HERE
Please register online or call 440.465.0245.