The Accounting Manager is responsible for balance sheet accounts general ledger analysis and reconciliations as well as related tasks to support achievement of work group, department, and Company objectives.
This position is also expected to participate in the coordination of the monthly closing process, identification of process improvements and controls for his/her assigned functions, development and maintenance of appropriate accounting procedures, records, and system interfaces as it relates to his/her assigned tasks.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Balance Sheet Account Analysis
- Reconcile all AR accounts on monthly basis.
- Monthly reconciliation of the NKF’s investment portfolio. Function includes,
- Maintain schedule of investments sales with realized gain/loss calculations
- Prepare all monthly investment activity entries
- Oversees and maintains monthly detailed fixed assets schedules detailing cost, useful life and depreciation/amortization. Duties include,
- Prepare monthly entries to record depreciation/amortization and adjustments, if applicable.
- Conduct annual audit of fixed assets.
- Reconcile all other asset accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations except Payroll/ Disbursement.
- Record all sales and inventory activity on a monthly basis per AGS reports.
- Record Inter-bank transfers, bank fees and interest payments.
- Record Bi-weekly IAA batch for Kidney Car income.
Credit Card Transactions
- Research disputed duplicate and/or fraudulent credit card charges via IATS.
- Process credit card refunds on-line thru IATS or Salesforce.
- Reconcile credit card account activity to 3rd party merchant reports.
- Serve as the Corporate Finance Department’s team member who is responsible for general ledger accounting entries and support.
- Update Wire Cash Receipts /Disbursement Schedule on a daily basis.
- Prepare ad hoc audit schedules and analysis as needed.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent) Accounting degree is required.
- The equivalent of 2-4 years of relevant experience required (national nonprofit organization is preferred).
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven track record in accounting. Ability to maintain complicated worksheets.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains accounting is a plus.
- Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis and meet monthly closing cycle deadline.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of NKF including Headquarters, Field Services staff and volunteers.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.