The Chief People Officer (CPO) provides strategic leadership to the business and drives key staff initiatives. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that NKF has the people, the culture, and the diversity to deliver on the organization’s mission. The CPO is responsible for optimizing all people-centered activities and will be responsible for the success of all areas within the human resources area, including talent recruitment, management, and retention, training and development, compensation, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and organizational development. The CPO will report to the Chief Executive Officer, serve on the senior management team, and lead a team of professional staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
The CPO will ensure that NKF’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion is reflected throughout the organization in both staff and volunteer positions by:
- Creating and implementing an organizational strategy that results in a culture at NKF that values equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Developing and implementing recruitment and hiring practices that advance NKF’s commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- Partnering with local offices and local Boards of Directors to support their oversight of NKF’s organizational goals in equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Partnering with the senior management team and staff to ensure that program development and implementation benefits all NKF constituencies and promotes health equity;
- Developing and overseeing equity, diversity and inclusion training across the organization, including local offices and new staff and board member orientation; and
- Helping to communicate and uphold the organization’s values and ensure that they come through in all key initiatives and people-oriented decisions.
The CPO will lead and oversee NKF’s HR operations including:
- Recruitment, onboarding, and retention of talent;
- Employee education, training, mentoring, and professional development;
- Creating performance and development plans for top performers;
- Implementing a performance management system that assists employees in reaching and exceeding individual and organizational goals;
- Ensuring that NKF’s employee benefits program supports recruitment and retention of talent;
- Ensuring that NKF offers appropriate and competitive compensation across all levels of the organization;
- Ensure HR department has the tools and resources it needs to be successful;
- Ensure the NKF complies with federal, state and local labor laws and regulations, such as ADA, EEO, Wage and Hour laws, OSHA, FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, etc.; and,
- Provide strategic leadership for HR policies and procedures, including organizational effectiveness, employee relations.
- Develop key performance indicators to measure organizational performance; and
- Mentor fellow colleagues/managers and develop leadership bench strength capable of addressing the challenges of a highly dynamic organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 12-15 years work- related experience in HR/talent management and equity, diversity and inclusion. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience in:
- leading all aspects of human resources
- leading organizational reviews focused on deepening commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Experience working with volunteers and boards of directors
- SHRM-SCP or other professional Certification preferred
- Team player
- Has a deep commitment to health equity
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and managerial skills.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: