Under the supervision of the Executive Director and (Regional Vice President) working out of the Austin, Texas region, the Community Outreach Manager is responsible for coordinating key components to support the successful execution of Division fund raising events and program activities.
This relationship should be characterized by effective communications, a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation and the achievement of its mission, through mutual understanding of the goals and development objectives of the National Organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Executive Director in the planning, budgeting, execution and evaluation of special events hosted in Austin, Texas including, but not limited to Austin Kidney Walk, professional and patient education program events (KEEPS) and other event opportunities.
- Executes assigned components for the Austin Kidney Walk and other fund raising as opportunities arise.
- Recruits volunteers for both fund raising and programmatic activities including but not limited to sending regular volunteer newsletters and organizing the annual volunteer appreciation luncheon.
- Oversees World Kidney Day/National Kidney Month planning and celebrations.
- Maintains updated spreadsheet of media contacts and draft press releases.
- Works closely with the Creative Services department to create and update local marketing materials.
- Updates local website to reflect all current activities, events and information.
- Recruits, trains and manages volunteers and interns. Coordinates volunteer schedules.
- As assigned, attends committee meetings and prepares meeting minutes.
- Performs additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience.
- Experience generating social media content.
- Prior experience coordinating special events and programs is ideal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and function independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be flexible for travel within assigned territory with reliable transportation.