Under the supervision of the Executive Director working out of the Dallas, Texas region, the Community Outreach Manager is responsible for coordinating key components to support the successful execution of Division fund raising events and program activities. Responsible for executing the Kidney Walk program and other fundraisers or donor cultivation events within North Texas. Responsible for exploring and implementing National Kidney Foundation signature programs that may include kidney screenings, kidney health presentations, workshops, or other community-based programs.
The Community Outreach Manager must have superior written and verbal communication skills and interact well with volunteers, event participants, and NKF staff. Responsibilities also include the ability to work independently as part of a team while multi-tasking between various community events, special events, and individual projects. Staff should be self-sufficient and proactive with projects and activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Executive Director and other Development principals in the planning, budgeting, execution and evaluation of special events hosted in North Texas including, but not limited to Kidney Walk, Golf Classic, Bonne Sante’, Professional and Patient education program events (KEEPS) and other event opportunities.
- Executes assigned components for the DFW Kidney Walk, Golf Classic, Bonne Sante’ and other fundraising as opportunities arise.
- Recruits committee members for both fundraising and programmatic activities including but not limited to execute communication with committee members, attends event committee meetings, prepares and tracks meeting minutes.
- Networks with potential sponsors, walk team captains, and volunteers, including Board of Director members, to facilitate revenue growth for events.
- Maintains updated spreadsheet of media contacts and draft press releases.
- Works closely with the Creative Services department to create and update local marketing materials, updates local website to reflect all current activities, events and information.
- Recruits, trains and manages volunteers and interns. Coordinates volunteer schedules.
- Performs additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience.
- Experience generating social media content.
- Prior experience coordinating special events and programs is ideal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and function independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be flexible for travel within assigned territory with reliable transportation.