Under the supervision of Executive Director and in coordination with the Program Director and Development Director, the Community Outreach Manager is responsible for coordinating key components to support the successful execution of fundraising events and program activities - with a special focus on logistics, volunteer recruitment and office support.
This relationship should be characterized by effective communications, a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation and the achievement of its mission, through mutual understanding of the goals and development objectives of the National Organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes social media as well as managing the distribution of e-blasts.
- Executes assigned components for Bay Area Kidney Walks and other fundraising activities as opportunities arise.
- Executes assigned projects for the implementation of programs including: community-based screenings and education programs such as KEEP Healthy, Medical Symposium, Journal Clubs, Big Ask, Big Give training workshops, health fair tabling and Your Kidneys and You/kidney wellness presentations.
- Leads recruitment of volunteers for both fundraising and programmatic activities including but not limited to sending regular volunteer calls and newsletters and organizing volunteer appreciation activities.
- Manages aspects of the NKF database and applications (e.g. Salesforce, Auction Tracker).
- Process/deposit payments (donations, sponsorships, exhibit fees, registrations): checks and credit card.
- Process check requests for invoices/reimbursements, etc., through Regional administrator.
- Orders office supplies ordering, office related vendors & services (copier, Neopost, phone service, server/wireless internet, building management) and other office related tasks as assigned.
- Lead event logistics for Journal Club.
- Works closely with the Creative Services department to create and update local marketing materials.
- Will attend development events throughout the year including but not limited to: Bay Area Kidney Walks (3), Kidney Walk Executive Breakfasts (3), Kidney Walk Kickoff Parties (3), Kidney Ball, Authors VIP Dinner & Authors Luncheon, Bay 2 Breakers.
- Updates local website to reflect all current activities, events and information.
- Recruits and trains volunteers and interns. Managers their roles, tasks and schedules.
- Performs additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience.
- Experience in a healthcare field or with a voluntary health organization is preferred.
- Experience generating social media content.
- Prior experience coordinating special events and programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and function independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be flexible for overnight travel with reliable transportation.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: