Responsible for executing the Kidney Walk program and other fundraisers or donor cultivation events within East and Middle Tennessee. Responsible for exploring and implementing National Kidney Foundation signature programs that may include kidney screenings, kidney health presentations, workshops, or other community-based programs.
The Community Outreach Manager must have superior written and verbal communication skills and interact well with volunteers, event participants, and NKF staff. Responsibilities also include the ability to work independently as part of a team while multi-tasking between various community events, special events, and individual projects. Staff should be self sufficient and proactive with projects and activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with executive director in the planning, budgeting, execution and evaluation of special events including, but not limited to the Kidney Walk, donor cultivation events, education program events, kidney screenings, and other events and programs opportunities.
- Executes assigned components for the Kidney Walk and other fund raising as opportunities arise.
- Recruits volunteers for both fundraising and programmatic activities.
- Meets with potential sponsors, walk team captains, and volunteers to facilitate revenue growth for events.
- Networks with volunteers to add new sponsors, teams, and volunteers to kidney walks.
- Coordinates logistics for kidney walks and other events as assigned.
- Performs additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years of job-related experience.
- Required experience must include successful generation of revenue through nonprofit development or sales.
- Prior experience coordinating special events is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must display professionalism and an ability to connect with potential donors and volunteers.
- Superior interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and function independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Strong public speaking skills preferred.
- Must be flexible for travel within assigned territory including the Knoxville, Nashville, Chattanooga, and Tri Cities areas. Some overnight travel may be required.