Under the supervision of the Director, Development, the Community Outreach Assistant is responsible for providing logistic, fundraising and administrative support on the following events and programs: Kidney Walks, Golf Classic, Galas, KEEP Healthy, Your Kidneys & You and any other conferences in their Region.
This relationship should be characterized by effective communications, a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation and the achievement of its mission, through mutual understanding of the goals and development objectives of the National Organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with the Director, Development in planning, budgeting, executing and evaluating special events held in Iowa and Nebraska, including: The Central Iowa Kidney Walk, the Central Iowa Golf Classic, KEEP Healthy, Big Ask, Big Give and other events, as needed.
- Manage aspects of the NKF fundraising database, Salesforce.
- Manages Kidney Walk Team fundraising.
- Recruits committees members and volunteers.
- Assists with event logistics.
- Maintain updated spreadsheet of media contacts and draft press releases.
- Update local website to reflect all current activities, events and information.
- Administer the KEEP Healthy and Your Kidneys & You volunteer training.
- Attend committee meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Performs additional duties and special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 2 years of job-related fundraising and volunteer management experience.
- Experience coordinating special events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word for Windows, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Flexible for overnight business travel.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: