The Corporate Relations Manager is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing relationships with corporations within the healthcare industry sector, including but not limited to; pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device/equipment manufactures. He/She will achieve the goal of obtaining and increasing revenue to and awareness of the National Kidney Foundation by targeting multiple potential sources of funding within these corporations (marketing, medical education, research and development, foundations, employee giving, community support, etc.).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain and grow a small portfolio of existing relationships with pharmaceutical, biotech and device companies in support of NKF programs and initiatives.
- To identify and initiate contact with new corporate partners, identify key contacts, identify focused NKF programs to submit for funding and grow partner relations.
- Work with Vice President, Corporate Relations, Senior Vice President, Strategic Partnerships and all other Corporate Relations Staff members to identify opportunities and develop funding request proposals/agreements.
- Develop customized proposals, budgets and presentations for all areas of corporate funding.
- Responsible for assisting with submitting of grants and reconciliation reports and all other metrics reports required by the grantor in conjunction with the funded program.
- Develop national corporate fundraising promotional concepts that are complimentary to the goals of the National Kidney Foundation.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of three-five years corporate development for a non-profit healthcare organization.
- Prior experience successfully developing and maintaining corporate relationships resulting in significant revenue.
- Experience developing funding request proposals.
- Experience developing and selling national corporate sponsorships, program support proposals, and fee for service agreements
- Experience building and maintaining cohesive and strategic partner relationships to grow the business.
- Proven ability to define, target and develop account relationships with the objective of maximizing potential from corporate sources.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively within a voluntary organizational structure, as well as outwardly to the for-profit corporations.
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and computer proficiency required.
- Must be flexible for overnight business travel.