The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Regional Vice President, Executive Director, and Regional Development Manager with all fundraising events.
The Development Coordinator works closely with all staff. This relationship should be characterized by effective communications, a positive attitude toward the growth of the Foundation and the achievement of its mission, through mutual understanding of the goals and development objectives of the organization.
The Development Coordinator performs the following functions, including but not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for various meetings, golf outings, walks, Bonne Santé and other special initiatives including coordinating meeting venues, ordering meals, assisting with the creation and production of all printed materials (save the dates, invitations, brochures, solicitations) and other logistics, as needed.
- Assist with Texas events and program activities including volunteer recruitment and training, sponsorship sales, in-kind solicitations, managing guest lists, managing auctions, determine catering and decorative needs, packing up and moving supplies, event logistics and post event activities.
- Deposit invoices, check and credit card requests
- Answer daily inquiries from patients, donors and the general public.
- Become a super-user on Salesforce and generate donor reports, as requested by Executive Director and Development Managers.
- Assist with the creation of proposals, manuals, and other similar projects for meetings.
- Help staff, volunteers and donors for events and special projects.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Coordinate logistical details related to planning and executing day-of walk sites, including but not limited to permits, city meetings, tenting, signage, tables & chairs, toilets, registration.
- Execute the planning and logistics for the Kidney Walk ancillary events including, but not limited to site selection, contract management, AV, volunteer recruitment, AV, script assistance, etc.
- In partnership with the Development Director, serve as coordinator of logistics and follow up for the Walk Committees.
- Manage online fund-raising websites to promote the events, support individual fundraising, and generate reports. Handle the bulk of inquiries regarding Convio and online walker/team management. Maintain accurate and thorough records of all activities. Assist Development team, as requested, to ensure that required reports for HQ are properly prepared and submitted to the National Office.
- Coordinate donation recognition letters for walk donors and sponsors.
Other Development Activities
- Lead in execution of all donor cultivation events including annual meeting. Oversee list pulls, contract negotiations, catering, invitation design, printing and mailing, guest experience, check in and AV.
- Assist the development team with creating and adhering to all development event budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Previous experience working on fundraising events with volunteers is required.
- Fluent in Microsoft Word applications (Experience with Convio and Salesforce is preferred).
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Flexible for overnight travel.
- Flexible to work events and programs that occur as needed.