The Development Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director and development team to plan and execute all local development event logistics and additionally, provides on-going support to the office as needed. This relationship should be characterized by effective communication and willingness to aid and support the growth of the division’s fundraising.
Working in partnership with the development team, the Development Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of development event logistics while multi-tasking between various administrative and support tasks. Development events include but are not limited to; kidney walks, signature events, donor cultivation events, and any other ancillary event logistics.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate logistical details related to planning and executing day-of walk sites, including but not limited to permits, city meetings, tenting, signage, tables & chairs, toilets, registration.
- Execute the planning and logistics for the Kidney Walk ancillary events including, but not limited to site selection, contract management, AV, volunteer recruitment, AV, script assistance, etc.
- In partnership with the Development Director, serve as coordinator of logistics and follow up for the Walk Committees.
- Manage online fundraising websites to promote the events, support individual fundraising, and generate reports. Handle the bulk of inquiries regarding Convio and online walker/team management. Maintain accurate and thorough records of all activities. Assist Development team, as requested, to ensure that required reports for HQ are properly prepared and submitted to the National Office.
- Coordinate donation recognition letters for walk donors and sponsors.
Other Development Activities
- Lead in the execution of all donor cultivation events including annual meeting. Oversee list pulls, contract negotiations, catering, invitation design, printing and mailing, guest experience, check in and AV.
- Assist the development team with creating and adhering to all development event budgets.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Provides support, as needed, for various meetings, events and programs. This may include event logistics, volunteer recruitment and training, in-kind solicitations.
- Become a super-user on Salesforce and generate donor reports, as requested by the Executive Director and Development Managers.
- Deposit invoices, check and credit card requests and process invoices.
- Answer daily inquiries from patients, donors and the general public.
- Assist with the creation of proposals, manuals, and other similar projects for meetings.
- Help staff, volunteers and donors for events and special projects.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 2-3 year’s work related experience in special event planning or fundraising.
- Experience working with a nonprofit organization is preferred.
- Experience working with board members and volunteers is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Applications, Database.
- Flexible for overnight business travel.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: