The Development Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director and development team to plan and execute all local development event logistics and additionally, provides on-going support to the office as needed. This relationship should be characterized by effective communication and willingness to aid and support the growth of the division’s fund raising.
Working in partnership with the development team, the Development Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of development event logistics while multi-tasking between various administrative and support tasks. Development events include but are not limited to; kidney walks, signature events, donor cultivation events and any other ancillary event logistics.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate logistical details related to planning and executing day-of walk sites, including but not limited to permits, city meetings, tenting, signage, tables & chairs, toilets, registration.
- Execute the planning and logistics for the Kidney Walk ancillary events including, but not limited to site selection, contract management, AV, volunteer recruitment, AV, script assistance, etc.
- Serve as coordinator of logistics and follow up for the Walk Committees.
- Manage online fund raising websites to promote the events, support individual fundraising, and generate reports. Handle the bulk of inquiries regarding Convio and online walker/team management. Maintain accurate and thorough records of all activities. Assist Development team, as requested, to ensure that required reports for HQ are properly prepared and submitted to the National Office.
- Coordinate donation recognition letters for walk donors and sponsors.
Other Development Activities
- Lead in execution of all donor cultivation events including annual meeting. Oversee list pulls, contract negotiations, catering, invitation design, printing and mailing, guest experience, check in and AV.
- Become a super-user on Salesforce and generate donor reports, as requested by Executive Director
- Assist the development team with creating and adhering to all development event budgets.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Provides support, as needed, for various meetings, events and programs. This may include event logistics, volunteer recruitment and training, in-kind solicitations.
- Executes assigned projects for the implementation of programs that include community-based screenings and education programs such as KEEP Healthy, Medical Symposium, and Your Kidneys and You.
- Assists with deposits and processing invoices
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum 2-3 year’s work related experience in special event planning or fundraising.
- Experience working with a nonprofit organization is preferred.
- Experience working with board members and volunteers is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Applications, Database.
- Flexible for overnight business travel.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: