The Development Director is accountable for planning and implementing fundraising strategies and tactics to achieve income necessary to attain market and regional goals. Primary duties will include managing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for a portfolio of both existing and new corporate partners, individual donors, corporate & government grants, and special events. This individual will be responsible for growing engagement and revenue across each fundraising channel, while leading the development team to their budgetary goal. This individual is responsible for the annual Greater Baltimore Kidney Walk, NKF Golf Classic, Rappel for Kidney Health and other events as planned (such as Bike Run – Western Maryland and/or a “Gala” type event.) The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development team, driving a donor centric culture, building relationships and implementing best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Develop and execute the regions operational plan that includes budget, financial analysis, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistics.
- Execute fundraising strategies to raise budgeted goal from corporations, individuals, and foundations.
- Partner with Executive Director and Regional Vice President to grow relationships for individual gifts and board /volunteer recruitment.
- Develop and steward a portfolio of donors to secure sponsorship, individual and corporate donations, event sponsors/teams, grants, and other partnerships, including major gifts.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or equivalent customer database software (e.g., data input, record updating, gift processing, report production).
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward sponsors, supporters and event participants ensuring a high-touch stewardship plan for donors and partners.
- Manage grant solicitation from corporations and foundations in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Manage and execute events including but not limited to the Greater Baltimore Kidney Walk, NKF Golf Classic, Rappel for Kidney Health and NKF Honors Events, support fundraising efforts for other events in the market as applicable.
- Manage social media and local marketing in collaboration with the Executive Director and team.
- Maintain relationships with medical and corporate donors and partners.
- Identify committee members, leads the effort to build stronger committees and identifies and builds volunteer and donor support networks.
- Direct management of the Development Manager.
- Identify new sources of revenue and cause related marketing opportunities for NKF.
- Identify national opportunities per NKF guidelines.
- Implement marketing and communication plans to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation.
- Participate in board and staff meetings as scheduled/needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Minimum five years related experience in fundraising, event management, and volunteer management; preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experienced in sponsorship solicitation, major and annual giving.
- Experience working with board members.
- Experience working with a national walkathon or equivalent event preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Word applications and donor management systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer and database proficiency required.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: