PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading the development team, driving a donor centric culture, building relationships and implementing best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Develop and execute the regions operational plan that includes budget, financial analysis, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistics.
- Execute fundraising strategies to raise budgeted goal from corporations, individuals, and foundations.
- Partner with Executive Director and Regional Vice President growing relationships for major gifts and board / volunteer recruitment.
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of donors to secure sponsorship, individual and corporate donations, event sponsors / teams, grants, and other partnerships.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or equivalent customer database software (e.g., data input, record updating, gift processing, report production).
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards sponsors, supporters and event participants ensuring a high-touch stewardship plan for donors and partners.
- Manages grant solicitation from corporations and foundations in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Manages and executes special events including Kidney Walk, NKF Golf Classic, Kidney Ball, and Congressional Awards Reception, as well as future events in their market.
- Assists with sponsor solicitation for program activities.
- Maintains relationships with medical and corporate donors and partners.
- Identifies committee members, leads the effort to build stronger committees and identifies and builds volunteer and donor support networks.
- Identifies new sources of revenue and cause related marketing opportunities.
- Implements marketing and communication plans to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation.
- Participates in board and staff meetings as needed.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum five years related experience in fundraising, event management, and volunteer management; preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experienced in sponsorship solicitation, major and annual giving.
- Experience working with board members.
- Experience working with a national walkathon preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Word applications and donor management systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer and database proficiency required.