The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Development Manger will fundraise, develop, and steward corporate and individual relationships in the Delaware Valley (Southeastern PA, Central/South NJ, Northern Delaware). He/She will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including corporate partnerships, commercial co-ventures, special events, and individual giving. A successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships, and work as a team player to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must be willing to be out of the office and in front of donors and partners, to properly manage relationships and have ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives at one time, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
The Development Manager works with the Director, Development and Executive Director to attain the income necessary to achieve the organization’s mission.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a fundraising portfolio for Central NJ, Philadelphia and Delaware.
- Creating and executing fundraising strategies, work to grow additional revenue for the NKF.
- Serve as a member of the development team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, campaigns, event teams, grants, donations, and other partnerships).
- Develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
- Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners and donors.
- Work with high level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources, and partnerships.
- Drive donor centric partnerships to support financial goals of market events, programs and prioritized initiatives.
- Identify, cultivate, recruit, solicit, and steward leadership committees, Kidney Walk Teams and volunteers. Work directly with companies and individuals to assist them in setting their goals and maximizing revenue.
- Deliver high customer service to all constituents.
- Oversee logistical requirements for pre-and post events and onsite execution.
- Secure in-kind donations to reduce costs and increase community involvement and engagement.
- May manage online fund-raising websites to promote the events, support individual fundraising, and generate reports. Maintain accurate and thorough records of all activities and ensure that required reports are properly prepared and submitted to the National Office.
- Supervise planning, execution, budgeting, and evaluation of assigned events, including but limited to three regional Kidney Walks Work with Director, Development to implement external communications strategy through use of newsletters, social media and local media
- Ensure compliance with NKF policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls.
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration and stewardship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of non-profit, fundraising and/or sales experience preferred.
- Established success in fundraising, sales and/or non-profit leadership.
- Proven record of success in account management and developing corporate partnerships that result in exceeding revenue targets.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
- Outcomes driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.