The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Development Manager will fundraise, develop, and steward corporate and individual relationships in the central Maryland market as it pertains to the Greater Baltimore Kidney Walk. He/She will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including supporting corporate partnerships, special events, and individual giving. A successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships, and work as a team player to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets as forecasted in the annual Plan of Work.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise planning, execution, budgeting, and evaluation of assigned events, including but limited to, the Greater Baltimore Kidney Walk.
- Manage a fundraising portfolio for the Greater Baltimore Kidney Walk. Greater emphasis includes but is not limited to, team management.
- Supports the Executive Director, Associate Executive Director and Development Manager, as scheduled/assigned with other market events, including but not limited to Rappel for Kidney Health, annual gala event and the Golf Classic.
- Supports the Associate Executive Director with programming events and activities as assigned.
- Creating and executing fundraising strategies, work to grow additional revenue for the NKF.
- Serve as a member of the development team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, campaigns, event teams, grants, donations, and other partnerships).
- Develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
- Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners and donors.
- Work with high level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources, and partnerships.
- Drive donor centric partnerships to support financial goals of market events, programs and prioritized initiatives.
- Executes assigned projects for the implementation of programs that include community-based screenings and education programs such.
- Provide back-up support to the Operations Manager, as scheduled.
- Deliver high customer service to all constituents.
- Ensure compliance with NKF policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls.
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration and stewardship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of non-profit, fundraising and/or sales experience preferred.
- Established success in fundraising and non-profit leadership, preferred 3+ years fundraising experience.
- Proven record of success in account management and developing corporate partnerships that result in exceeding revenue targets.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.