The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Development Manager will manage fundraising events, develop, and steward corporate and individual relationships in the region’s market. He/She will identify opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue through special event fundraising (walks and galas), corporate partnerships, , and volunteer development and management. The successful candidate will work as a team player to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in event management, fundraising and sales/relationship management, and volunteer engagement. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the planning, committee management, execution, budgeting, and evaluation of assigned events, including but not limited to the: Kansas City Magic of Giving Gala and Kansas City Kidney Walk. Assist with the Oklahoma City Kidney Walk, Wichita Great Chefs dinner event, and Wichita Kidney Walk.
- Manage a fundraising portfolio for Kidney Walk.
- Take a leadership role in event logistics and day-of execution for the region’s fundraising events; including Kidney Walks and Galas.
- Serve as a member of the development team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and regional financial goals.
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, campaigns, event teams, donations, and other partnerships).
- Develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
- Oversee stewardship activities within portfolio of events; ensure a high-touch response to partners and donors.
- Work with high-level volunteers to manage and motivate committees to achieve fundraising goals and provide local leadership, resources, and partnerships.
- Drive donor-centric partnerships to support financial goals of market events, programs, and prioritized initiatives.
- Deliver high customer service to all constituents.
- Ensure compliance with NKF policies, including risk management, event, and cash handling, and financial controls.
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration, and stewardship.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2-3 years of non-profit, fundraising experience.
- Established success in fundraising and non-profit leadership, with an emphasis in event management.
- Proven record of success in account management and developing corporate partnerships that result in exceeding revenue targets.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
- Outcome driven with the ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.