The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Development Manager will fundraise, develop, and steward corporate and individual relationships in the National Capital Area market. The candidate will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including corporate partnerships, commercial co-ventures, special events, and individual giving. A successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships, and work as a team player to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise planning, execution, budgeting, and evaluation of assigned events to include Kidney Walk, NKF Golf Classic, Congressional Reception, and other Social Events.
- Create and execute fundraising strategies, work to grow additional revenue for the NKF.
- Serve as a member of the development team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, campaigns, event teams, grants, donations, and other partnerships).
- Develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
- Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners and donors.
- Work with high-level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources, and partnerships.
- Drive donor-centric partnerships to support the financial goals of market events, programs, and prioritized initiatives.
- Deliver high customer service to all constituents.
- Ensure compliance with NKF policies, including employment, risk management, event, and cash handling, and financial controls.
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration, and stewardship.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of non-profit, fundraising and/or sales experience preferred.
- Established success in fundraising and non-profit leadership.
- Proven record of success in account management and developing corporate partnerships that result in exceeding revenue targets.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
- Outcome driven with the ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: