The National Kidney Foundation (NKF) Development Manager will fundraise, develop, and steward corporate and individual relationships in the Greater New York and Connecticut market as it pertains to the New York and Connecticut Gala and Honors Events. He/She will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including supporting corporate partnerships, special events, and individual giving. A successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships, and work as a team player to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets as forecasted in the annual Plan of Work.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise planning, execution, budgeting, and evaluation of assigned events, including but not limited to the Greater New York Gala and Connecticut Gala’s.
- Manage a fundraising portfolio of donors for both Gala events.
- Identifies committee members, leads the effort to build stronger committees and identifies and builds volunteer and donor support networks.
- Supports the Senior Development Manager as scheduled/assigned with other market events.
- Creating and executing fundraising strategies to grow additional revenue for NKF.
- Serve as a member of the development team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
- Develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
- Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners & donors.
- Assists with sponsor solicitation for program activities.
- Work with high level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources, and support.
- Deliver high customer service to all constituents.
- Ensure compliance with NKF policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls.
- Demonstrate integrity, collaboration and stewardship.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years of non-profit, fundraising and/or sales experience preferably with a non-profit health agency.
- Experience working high end social events.
- Proven record of success in account management and developing corporate and individual partnerships that result in exceeding revenue targets.
- Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
- Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
- Ability to lead and work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer-based information and donor management systems.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: