The Director, Grassroots Advocacy provides strategic direction and implementation for all of NKF’s grassroots advocacy activities, including oversight of the Kidney Patients’ Summit, grassroots development and mobilization, advocacy communications and social media, and other activities that support policy and legislation that advances the foundation’s mission.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceive and execute a strategic vision that increases the number of grassroots advocates who act on state and federal issues via email, social media, and telephone calls to policymakers
- Coordinate and oversee execution of the Kidney Patient Summit
- Build and maintain a “culture of advocacy” that ensures that advocacy activities are coordinated and integrated through cross-functional collaboration across the organization
- Oversee the management, growth and engagement of the Kidney Advocacy Committee, Kidney Outreach Team, Volunteer Portal, and other grasstops resources
- Expand, maintain and increase utilization of a library of multi-media grassroots tools (including policy briefs, blogs, social media resources, video content, etc.) that educate advocates about key policy and advocacy initiatives
- Develop and execute a cross-functional strategy to enhance member and public understanding of NKF’s advocacy activities, with strong emphasis on digital strategies
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications department to ensure alignment on all internal and external communications strategies across all platforms
- Support NKF Field Offices in their efforts to advance state kidney policy initiatives
- Supervise Manager, Policy and Advocacy
- Lead, mentor, monitor, train, and develop direct reports
- Perform additional duties as requires
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Strong interest in health issues and public policy.
- 8 - 10 years of progressively responsible experience in grassroots advocacy, communications, community organizing or campaigning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, with ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team member.
- Familiarity with relevant grassroots organizing tools, including constituent management software, social media platforms, as well as MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: