The Executive Assistant provides a high-level of support activities for the Chief Executive Officer and is a representative of the NKF and the office of the CEO to volunteers, partners and government agencies. The Executive Assistant will work closely and collaboratively with appropriate team members to perform a wide range of duties. The Executive Assistant will also assist in communication with staff members and key constituents including, the NKF Board Members. The Executive Assistant must be knowledgeable about the overall environment of the Foundation and facilitate the participation of its key National volunteer leadership. The Executive Assistant will exercise independent judgement in the resolution of administrative duties and prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Assistant performs the following functions, including but not limited to:
- Provides comprehensive support services to the CEO that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole. Provides "gatekeeper" role for direct access to the CEO.
- Coordinates and maintains the schedule and calendar of the CEO. Ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Schedules and coordinates meetings and conference calls.
- Creates, develops, revises, and updates content for communications, correspondence, presentations, and reports.
- Manages a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Independently creates well-organized memos and reports for distribution to members of various departments and the National Board.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and discretion pertaining to all NKF personnel and financial matters.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments, outside agencies, and National Board Members.
- Serves as the key contact person for National Board Members; handles the scheduling and preparation of meetings, conference calls, and appointments for volunteer leadership when conducting NKF business.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Reconciles credit card statements and prepares CEO’s expense reports for reimbursement.
- Manages and approves leave requests for the CEO’s direct reports on behalf of the CEO.
- Manages and approves expense requests for the CEO’s direct reports on behalf of the CEO in Concur.
- Maintains up to-date contact information for all key contacts.
- Takes minutes or notes when needed; transcribes them for approval and distribution; maintains records of follow-up actions and tracking completion of these actions following meetings.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations and accompanying materials, including board books, with style and accuracy.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the CEO, and prepares travel itineraries with all necessary details to facilitate travel and meetings.
- Answers phones for the CEO. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions. Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably with a national nonprofit health organization.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the following software applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of support and response.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Displays engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and act strategically, provides sound judgment, and provides a positive and energetic attitude.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up, as well as a high level of organization and preparedness.
- Maintains workflow under pressure and in a fast-paced, high-profile work environment.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: