The Executive Director is responsible for running all aspects of the business for the NKF in their local communities. They will lead the training and development of staff and volunteers at the local level and will carry out the mission of the National Kidney Foundation by successfully raising funds, engaging leadership volunteers and influential community members, and ensuring that program goals are met in their designated market.
The Executive Director works closely with the Regional Vice President and SVP, Development leading their local team to attain the income necessary to achieve the Southern California budgetary goals and implement program strategies. This relationship should be characterized by effective communication, a positive attitude and strategy toward the growth of NKF, and the achievement of its mission through mutual understanding of goals and development objectives. The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading the staff team, driving a donor centric culture, building relationships, and implementing a comprehensive, year-round fund-raising program to accomplish market and region financial and program goals:
- Identifies corporate sponsors, individual donors, family foundations and general supporters; cultivates recruits and stewards these prospects growing engagement and revenue across each fundraising channel.
- Managing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for a portfolio of both existing and new corporate partners, individual donors, corporate & government grants, and special events ensuring a high-touch stewardship plan.
- Oversees local major giving program in partnership with HQ Development team and provides leadership to staff in managing their personal portfolios.
- Partner with Regional Vice President growing relationships for board / volunteer recruitment and corporate recruitment leadership within the territory.
- Lead, recruit, retain and engage local Board of Advisors and ensures 100% board giving.
- Fosters relationships with Health-systems, medical community, and local community partners along with program team to garner financial and collaborative support.
- Works with the staff on grant proposals, including government, corporate and family foundations.
- Manages and oversees staff team implementing local special events.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or equivalent customer database software (e.g., data input, record updating, gift processing, report production).
- Responsible for overseeing, recruiting, and stewarding the board and future board development.
- Works closely with the board chair, schedules board meetings and works with the leadership volunteers to expand as necessary.
Responsible for the successful fiscal management of the region:
- Develops and executes the regions operational plan that includes budget, financial analysis, team development, corporate development and program needs in collaboration with staff, regional volunteers, and Regional Vice President.
- Ensures that all local financial reporting and records are processed and maintained in a timely and legal manner and in accordance with all NKF accounting procedures.
Supporting the Regional Program staff on their execution of core NKF programs locally:
- Early Detection Screenings
- Continuing Medical Education Programs
- Patient Conferences
Responsible for the formulation of market plan that will ensure financial success:
- Identifies, cultivates and recruits volunteers, companies and organizations to collaborate with NKF.
- Creates event and program time lines and calendars for all activities.
- Directly supervises the staff by providing guidance, training and coaching.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 8 years work- related fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector (voluntary healthcare experience preferred).
- Experience in obtaining major grants and major gifts.
- Experience working with volunteers and board of directors.
- Experience recruiting corporate sponsors and partners.
- Demonstrated competence in planning, budgeting, forecasting and volunteer motivation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and managerial skills.
- Computer and database proficiency required.