New York, NY
The Human Resources Coordinator will assist the overall Human Resources Department in the following areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance. He/she will work closely with the Human Resources team to assist in staff development, employee recruitment, policy enforcement, and records management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the Foundation’s HRIS system, ADP Workforce Now, and provide support and training to administrators and staff.
- Regular attendance audits for specified time off policies.
- Prepare and administer orientation and onboarding tasks for new hires, including 30/90-day reviews.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Research advertising opportunities for job postings for field offices such as colleges and universities, agencies, and local advertising directories.
- Assist with temporary workforce hiring program; obtaining approvals, references and working with employment agencies in setting up candidates.
- Assist with recruitment efforts, including interview coordination, conducting background checks and reference checks for potential employees.
- Coordinate meetings/conference calls.
- Assist with the administration of the internship program.
- Assist with benefit vendors and retirement programs to ensure that employees are kept up to date with the services provided to them and that administration of information is accurate.
- Assist with all HR Communications via email and on intranet (Kidney Connect), such as organizational charts, posting open positions and staff updates.
- Work closely with events and activities committee, the Vice President, Human Resources to promote staff recognition and engagement.
- Handle routine correspondence for the Human Resources Department including hiring letters, employment verifications, background, and reference checks.
- Prepare and process check/contract requests, credit card expenses, and billing for the HR department.
- Maintain overall HR filing.
- Assist with the annual EEOC filing.
- Provide customer service to staff as needed.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 1-3 years job related administrative or office management experience, preferably with a national nonprofit health organization.
- Strong time management and leadership skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience with ADP Workforce Now, Concur, Erequester is a plus.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment in building relationships across all organizational levels and functions.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that involve confidential and sensitive matters.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: