The Information Center Specialist is responsible for answering and directing all incoming telephone calls and greeting guests in a courteous and professional manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and route calls to appropriate parties and/or voice mails.
- Responsible for meeting and greeting guests and announcing visitors in a professional manner.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of all updated information related to NKF services, including public announcements, meetings, events and programs.
- Process invoices through eRequester system.
- Keep up to date on staff changes and department functions and services.
- Process NKF Cares mailings.
- General office duties such as typing, filing, faxing, etc.
- Open and sort incoming mail as needed.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is required.
- Minimum one-year previous work related experience in a receptionist or telephone customer service related role.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and professional mannerism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is mandatory.
- Proficient in Word and data entry.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, volunteers and the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Flexible to work additional hours, as needed, pending prior approval.