Reporting to the SVP Marketing & Communications the Marketing Communications Manager works with marketing team to develop and implement marketing communication plans to support NKF’s marketing strategies. The manager will be responsible for assisting in developing and delivering integrated marketing communication plans and consulting with other areas of management and departments. The position also interfaces with internal creative team to produce promotional materials. In addition, the Marketing and Communications manager will provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, and project management and support to the Marketing and Communications Team. Works independently on special projects according to agreed timelines and special requests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in yearly marketing planning and assist in delivering an integrated marketing communications plan aligned with the organizational priorities; modify as needed throughout the year.
- Assist in implementation of the integrated marketing communication plan across all channels including print, public relations, digital, and social.
- Oversee content and development projects as needed of varying size, including timelines, budget, project updates to team members.
- Act as a liaison to the Creative Services team, as well as NKF program teams to ensure timely and effective execution of projects; help develop structure to assist in prioritizing departmental projects.
- May write articles and other content for NKF website, blogs and newsletters as needed.
- Assist with publishing website content and tracking website and social media activity stats/reports.
- Onsite support at NKF events as needed, i.e. Spring Clinical Meetings. Travel may be required a few times a year.
- Assist in developing press materials, media lists, and NKF staff updates and board bios.
- Assist in the daily monitoring of media stories and placements.
- Maintain and update Cision databases, subscriptions and publication library.
- Maintain inventory of NKF promotional materials.
- Performs additional administrative duties, as required.
- Assist in organizing meetings by booking conference rooms, ordering catering, etc.
- Attend and facilitate all team meetings and calls.
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets as directed by Senior Vice President of Marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Communications, Marketing or Public Relations from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3-5 years job related marketing and communications experience.
- Must know and understand advanced features of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and knowledge of HTML.
- Knowledge and use of social media platforms.
- Previous experience working with social media on behalf of clients is desired.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and high level of customer service skills.
- Experience managing outside agencies and vendors.
- Flexible to work evenings/weekends as needed.