As the lead of the Meetings and Events department, this position is responsible for the successful management and supervision of all facets of NKF’s national meetings, including but not limited to site selection, budget accountability, contract negotiation, exhibitor and audiovisual requirements, food and beverage selection, entertainment, housing management and on-site direction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with all levels of staff and volunteers to ensure successful execution of all events/meetings.
- Plans and executes national events, including the National Development Training, NKF Golf Classic National Finals, Spring Clinical Meetings, Patient Summit, and a variety of medical meetings and national board of directors’ meetings.
- Manages within the budget for each meeting and event, using negotiation skills to secure advantageous pricing in all aspects of contracts.
- Works directly with outside contractors and internal staff to arrange and coordinate logistics, determining space needs, signage, food and beverage requirements, entertainment, set-up and other details.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with travel agents, exhibit and audiovisual vendors, and hotel representatives to the benefit of the Foundation.
- Oversees the logistics for NKF exhibits, including booth space reservations, equipment orders, electric, AV, hotel accommodations and ancillary meetings pace. Evaluate exhibits to modify goals and guidelines as needed.
- Assists Corporate Sponsorship Director with administrative support for sponsorship and exhibit activity.
- Communicates with and coordinates efforts with hotel, convention services and catering personnel to assure successful delivery of services.
- Serves as a resource for local office staff in the coordination of meetings and events.
- Continuously identifies cost savings opportunities throughout various national and location programs and events.
- Develops and implements new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Assumes major role in on-site execution of event.
- Oversees 1 direct report
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of 8 years previous meeting/event planning or similar experience is required; previous non-profit experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and time pressures.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management and constituents including medical professionals, volunteers, and vendors.
- Ability to think quickly and follow through accordingly.
- Flexible for overnight business travel (2-6 times per year).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: