New York, NY
Reporting to the Vice President, Patient Engagement, the Patient Services Specialist will answer kidney-related questions via a variety of mediums, including but not limited to: phone calls, emails, mail, online communities, and Facebook, for NKF Cares, the National Kidney Foundation’s toll-free telephone Help Line. Phone calls and emails are the main sources of questions.
When answering kidney-related questions, the Patient Services Specialist will provide emotional support, listen to people’s concerns, give general information, and refer people to sources of additional support or information. Questions will generally be from the National Kidney Foundation’s constituents, which include people affected by kidney disease or kidney-related conditions, those at risk for kidney disease, living donors and potential living donors. Typical questions include, but are not limited to: questions about dialysis, kidney transplant, living donation, diet, kidney stones, kidney health, and financial and insurance resources. The Patient Services Specialist will deliver current and accurate information regarding kidney diseases, treatment options, diet, financial issues/concerns, emotional needs, national and community resources, living donation, transplantation, and other issues.
The Patient Services Specialist will enter contact information for phone calls in the NKF database. They will also place orders for written materials to be mailed out to callers from the NKF mailroom.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to inquiries via phone, mail and email to ensure that NKF constituents receive needed support and information.
- Ensure that that delivery of information is accurate, consistent, and current.
- Input the call information into the NKF database and select publications to be mailed out.
- Track, monitor, and report trends in call content and volume.
- Help provide ongoing evaluation and assessment of the program to ensure quality.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ related work experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills. Able to communicate sensitively and patiently by phone and email.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrate the highest level of support and response.
- Excellent word processing skills, proficient with Microsoft Office applications. Ability to learn and utilize new software with ease. Experience with Salesforce, preferred.
- Comfortable with general computer tasks and Internet navigation.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff, volunteers, and the public in a professional manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform, prioritize, and meet deadlines of multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be self-starter.
- Social work or counseling abilities are a plus, but not required.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus, but not required.
- Some health care experience and knowledge are also a plus, but not required.
- Background or knowledge of kidney disease are a plus, but not required.
- Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: