Responsible for providing overall strategic management to the Spring Clinical Meetings and online professional education activities. This position plays a role in helping to maintain NKF’s continuing education accreditation status as it pertains to the Spring Clinical Meetings. It is also responsible for collaborating with NKF’s Education department to develop Spring Clinical Meetings enduring programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes and manages Program Committee meetings and teleconferences, providing support to Committee members and ensuring a continuity of clear communication.
- Contributes ideas and expertise for maintaining and improving all aspects of meeting development, including setting up efficient databases to evaluating meeting outcomes.
- Develops and maintains ongoing timelines for all components relating to effectively implementing the Meeting.
- Implements an overall marketing plan with the goal of identifying new promotional outlets and increasing attendance annually. This includes calendar listings, ad placements, trade editorials, web-based announcements and working with local host committees.
- Manages the process for physician and allied health abstract submissions including call for abstract notices, online abstract submissions, review committee, author notifications, journal submissions, and on site judging of poster presentations.
- Works closely with the Vice President, Scientific Activities and the Vice President, Corporate Relations to ensure that corporate supporter needs are met and that they are provided with the necessary information to develop invitations, signage and announcements.
- Works closely with the Meetings, Membership Services, and Corporate Relations departments to ensure that meeting logistics are commensurate with the number of program sessions and audience size, registration procedures are in place, sponsorship opportunities are identified and promotion for the meeting is in line with the target audience and designed to enhance the content and objectives of the meeting.
- Monitors the budget for the Spring Clinical Meetings and generates ideas to increase revenue and identify cost effective implementation strategies.
- Maintains knowledge of current CME practices and ensures that the Spring Clinical Meetings and its enduring programs are in compliance with ACCME, AANP, ANCC, ACPE, and ASWB policies. This includes working with the program committees and the Director, Continuing Medical Education to develop a scientifically sound and commercially biased free conference.
- Works with Professional Membership Director to communicate professional education programs to local CNSW, CNNT, CRN chapters. This includes developing a communications plan, and creating/maintaining a special “local chapter” website.
- Contributes ideas and works with the KLS department to develop educational enduring programs based on sessions from the Spring Clinical Meetings.
- Collaborates with KLS to manage EthosCE software platform for enduring CME/CE programs.
- Produces internal reports as needed.
- Performs additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum five (5) years previous experience in program development and conference management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with medical professionals.
- Prior writing and editing experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and time pressures.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, to set priorities and to multitask.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, especially executive level volunteers.
- Ability to think quickly and follow through accordingly.
- Excellent computer skills – computer literate in Word Perfect and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiarity with Salesforce and EthosCE a plus.
- Flexible for overnight business travel (4-6 times per year).
Please apply via email with your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations: